Author Topic: Under Debate: Enable bounties for Scroll of Accident  (Read 1696 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Name: Enable bounties for Scroll of Accident

Summary:
Bounties are currently gainable in three ways- seriously wounding someone on the battlefield, or to an infiltrator that successfully seriously wounds a character, or through a duel. I would like to propose an additional way, using the scroll of accident- I would have assumed this was already the case.

Details:
The spellcaster that successfully uses the scroll of accident on a character with a bounty, seriously wounding them, gains the bounty on their head- It makes sense that the character that wounds them gain the bounty from the person that put it up.

Benefits:
  • Increases the incentive to post bounties
  • Congruence with other parts of the game- dealing serious wounds grants bounties in battles, duels, and through assassinations
  • Gives the caster an incentive to target high value targets
  • Creates a market for scrolls of accident

Downsides:
It creates a market for scrolls of accident- Both a benefit and a downside IMO. However, I think they are rare enough to prevent abuse.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 07:47:49 AM by Vita »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Enable bounties for Scroll of Accident
« Reply #1: August 26, 2018, 01:37:56 AM »
Maybe bounties aught to expire and refund the cash. There are surely bounties in existence from years ago. A standing cash prize for their wounding probably isn't the intention of the person putting the bounty up.

Giving a time limit would put some urgency and timeliness to it.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 26, 2018, 01:42:36 AM »
Maybe bounties aught to expire and refund the cash. There are surely bounties in existence from years ago. A standing cash prize for their wounding probably isn't the intention of the person putting the bounty up.

Giving a time limit would put some urgency and timeliness to it.

Sorry, no refunds.

Even if we were to put a time limit on bounties, the money would just go "poof".
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 27, 2018, 07:52:31 AM »
I can agree to the suggestion of gaining the bounty if the scroll seriously wounds the person.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)