Author Topic: relation between: advy and noble of the same family  (Read 3553 times)

Rizky

• Freeman
    • View Profile
relation between: advy and noble of the same family
« Topic Start: September 02, 2018, 03:26:02 PM »
Title: relation between: advy and noble of the same family

Summary: Hide adventurers from family page and/or anything that can relate adventurer to their family.

Details: this suggestion is based from one kind of case:
a noble player plays in realm A, which is at war with realm B. The player has an advy that is part of realm C. Realm C is not at war with realm B. Nobles from realm B capture or even execute the advy because they know from OOC source (i.e family page) that the advy's player plays a noble in realm A. No in-game information supports that accusation (i.e that the advy is working for realm A).

At this condition, it is just like advy is just as one as the noble character, like it doesnt matter which realm they are part of, everyone will know which realm they support.

Benefits: make advys less related to nobility, gives them their own life, maybe this will make people more wanting to build the character too.

Possible Downsides/Exploits: "advy spy" will be buffed a lot. So nerf the spying (scout the region) ability. make it depends on Adventuring Skill aswell.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: relation between: advy and noble of the same family
« Reply #1: September 02, 2018, 04:36:27 PM »
This was something we decided long ago to keep. Even if there is no "proof" that a given adventurer is related to a noble family, there will always be rumours.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 08, 2018, 06:15:11 AM »
The family page is not an OOC source.

It is IC information, or so it has been stated in the past.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 08, 2018, 06:47:43 AM »
The family page is not an OOC source.

It is IC information, or so it has been stated in the past.

This. You can use the family page in game. So if you see an advy's name on that family page, that character is a member of that family. So make sure to catch and execute whichever advy that came from your enemy's families.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 08, 2018, 03:15:46 PM »
The recent incident in BT involved a bunch of players using their advy alts to further their other character's goals.

A lot of people use their advies to get/use items for their nobles in this way. Too many. To hide this relation would only make it even more ridiculously overpowered.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 08, 2018, 05:31:36 PM »
I agree with Chenier here. Advies being used as alts and not as separate characters is the root of the problem here.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 08, 2018, 10:24:53 PM »
Adventurers should support the realm they are in.  They are realm members like any other.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 10, 2018, 04:49:56 PM »
Adventurers should support the realm they are in.  They are realm members like any other.

How many of those adventurers actually started in the realm they currently belong to? Hmm?

2018-09-08    Pompey    Began a life of adventure in Nothoi.
2018-09-08    Pompey    Banned from Nothoi.
Reason: Left his homelands while still a commoner.
2018-09-08    Pompey    Joined the realm of Angmar.

2017-06-30    Khamul    Began a life of adventure in Ar Agyr.
2017-07-02    Khamul    Banned from Ar Agyr.
2017-07-02    Khamul    Joined the realm of Angmar.

2016-06-17    Brand    Started a new career in Spearhold
2017-04-11    Brand    Banned from Spearhold.
2017-04-11    Brand    Joined the realm of Dominorum.
2017-04-14    Brand    Ban from Spearhold lifted by Angelica.
2017-11-05    Brand    Banned from Dominorum.
2017-11-05    Brand    Joined the realm of Angmar.

2018-05-27    Elric    Began a life of adventure in Nothoi.
2018-06-27    Elric    Banned from Nothoi.
2018-06-27    Elric    Joined the realm of Obia'Syela.
2018-08-13    Elric    Banned from Obia'Syela.
2018-08-13    Elric    Joined the realm of Angmar.

2018-03-19    George    Began a life of adventure in Fronen.
2018-07-27    George    Banned from (rogue).
2018-07-27    George    Joined the realm of Angmar.

Yea, these adventurers are totally free-willed, played completely apart from their players' nobles characters, and are totally loyal to whatever realm they spawned in, right?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Witch-king

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 10, 2018, 05:21:02 PM »
I see only 2 out of 8 chars (Khamul/George) here who participated in the attack on Wudenkin.
These other commoners were not part of it.
Please drop this argument, it is unfair to the players behind these chars - no matter if they were part or of it or not.
I thought it is against the rules to publically call out other players to potentially abuse the game.
I think your message is not far from breaking this rule in my opinion.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 10, 2018, 05:23:00 PM »
It's the same thing with the OS advies.

It's pretty blatant that people are systematically using advies as secondary characters to further their nobles' goals.

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Tbf I've seen maybe two OS advies switch realms like that and one was justified by other IC reasons.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Tbf I've seen maybe two OS advies switch realms like that and one was justified by other IC reasons.

Of the 6 players who have both a noble and an advy in OS, 5 brought their advy from whatever realm it spawned in. That's half of OS' advies. That sixth guy might have done the same thing had he been less lucky and spawned elsewhere. Of the four other advies, one is my own, that randomly spawned there. Of the three others, another moved there from elsewhere. The two last were created there and have no noble in that realm.

i.e. 60% of OS' advies were moved there from other realms, and 60% of OS' advies also play a noble there. The situation is the same in Angmar.

The only allegation I'm doing, is that "these advies are completely free-willed characters acting independently" is utter bull. The majority of advies are created with an OOC purpose to serve pre-determined factions.