Author Topic: Rejected: Remove adventurers from the game  (Read 19233 times)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Re: Remove adventurers from the game
« Topic Start: September 08, 2018, 05:30:16 PM »
Anaris, I play battlemaster for almost two years now and never have I ever said a bad word about devs. You guys always had (and continue to have) my utmost respect for all you do to keep it afloat.

But

That was a bad call. And saying things like:

Basically, look to the people who organised this, because they're why you can't have nice things.

is another bad call.

How many times have I heard that single-region realms should not exist and that people should work together and interact more.

But when they do work together and interact more and the effect is destruction of a single-region realm you punish the entire advy playerbase for it.

If you're going to disable advies from doing anything any time they do anything you may just as well do as Chenier says and remove advies altogether.

Taking stuff away from players, stuff players enjoy, due to isolated events is never a good idea. Especially since it doesn't fix the part that could be perceived as wrong in this entire event. If several people would decide to wipe out Bara'Khur or Angband or... whatever 1/2 region realms there is on BT - they could still do it, just not by using advies.

There are several ways to fix advy game from being abused in such a way, but disabling advies from using magic is not one of those ways.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)