Author Topic: Rejected: Remove adventurers from the game  (Read 19284 times)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Re: Remove adventurers from the game
« Reply #15: September 10, 2018, 06:55:13 PM »
If adventurers are not to be removed from the game (which I would strongly like, but never really expected the dev team to agree to), I would like this alternate compromise:

• Make adventurers require a regular character slot

No more freebies. It was clear from this attack that these advies are the alts of players who all work together, mostly from the same realm, and that they use their adventurers (on BT as well as everywhere else) as extensions of their nobles.to

Make people choose between advies or nobles for any given continent.

Furthermore, make it so that characters cannot use ANY scrolls without a certain level in spellcasting. Say, 15%. And make advies start with a lower level than nobles. Force people to train at academies before they can start using them. This would help make advy deaths more meaningful, because right now, you anyone can create an advy, within a few days make him travel to his desired realm, and then just benefit from the 16 real time hour pool to blast enemies away.

Beat the drums blow the horns, I agree with Chenier. I think it's a beautiful idea!

It is all around problem fixer.

Advies are not played the way they are supposed to be? When they are not free secondary chars they will be.

Advies game is not meaningful? With less of them it will be.

Magic is too commonplace? Less advies = less magic.

Yes I know the major argument against it - less density. But I don't think it is accurate. I propose this - let's introduce it on test islands and see if it affects density.

If it works then this relatively simple fix will fix more problems than I can count. It'll save dev time and improve the player experience and prevent most of abuses at the same time.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)