Author Topic: Rejected: Remove adventurers from the game  (Read 19119 times)

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Remove adventurers from the game
« Reply #30: September 12, 2018, 03:11:04 AM »
One of the players involved said he was given scrolls by a noble.

I was not involved, so can not say what actually happened. 
But as I stated, advies do not need to be given scrolls as they are the ones that have scrolls made for them.

The comparison with horses is absurd. Advies were always meant to be a roleplay side-game, not tools of war.

Maybe they were not intended to be tools of war, but they are certainly intended to provide tools for war.
Someone earlier stated that the exact same event could have been accomplished by some priests.
I wonder, would you be calling for the removal of Priests and religion if that were the case?

There's also absolutely no possible defense against what was pulled off. None whatsoever. BM was never about sending ICBMs to foreign nations to just watch them die from afar.

A narrow minded view.  No defense? 
Maybe you should have had a spy in their ranks to provide you advance warning. 
Your realm could have made a point of capturing and executing any advy that came near.
Your nobles could go hunt advies at any time with no penalties.
I know that hindsight is 20/20, but defense is not so impossible as you would have us believe.

If you really want to compare with horses, think of that: would you leave a horse alone in a room with an unprotected button to launch nukes?

Now it is you who sounds absurd, everyone knows that a horse can not turn a key.

But they had no reason to worry about it, the advies are all their alts anyways, so it's just giving themselves the launch codes. Players don't typically backstab themselves.

I can not speak for others, but MY advies actually mean something to me.  They are not as disposable as you seem to think.
I have started nobles that have gotten lucky, and by starting in the right place at the right time they have progressed very quickly to positions of power. 
The same can not be said for ANY of my advies.  They must work long and hard, against the odds, to eke out even the smallest bit of advancement. 

Every realm on every continent has had to deal with advies casting spells.  Truly a nuisance to all.
It just so happens that someone finally thought to co-ordinate their efforts in one city at the same time.
I wonder, if your realm had held 4 cities when this had happened, would it have been such a big deal?

A few people decided to "kick your realm while it was down", so you cry foul and EVERY player with an advy on EVERY continent now suffers.
But I guess that it is OK because they are only ALTS.