Author Topic: Rejected: Remove adventurers from the game  (Read 19026 times)

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Remove adventurers from the game
« Reply #45: September 13, 2018, 02:16:59 AM »

The attack came without warning. You can't even see adventurers in regions you aren't even in yourself, because of how unimportant they are supposed to be. When the attack took place, I immediately looked at who was in Wudenkin to see who was responsible, only to learn to my great dismay that the only people I could see there were my own wounded realm-mates.

Well, if you were unwounded and able to see all this, I am surprised that you made no effort to arrest or beat the offending advies. 
Sure would have made you a hero in your realm.

Spying is a !@#$ solution and you make me angry just for proposing it. Spying has been EXTREMELY detrimental to this game. Spying is a large reason why we can't have two characters per continent anymore. Spies create distrust, which creates secrecy, which create boredom. I have no issues with characters going turncoat if given proper justification, but to set out to implant spies on others is !@#$ty sportsmanship and, imo, a breach of the social contract.

Come on... REALLY???  You have been around long enough to know that this is a regular practice in BM. 
Both of the largest religions on BT have spies in each others halls. 
There have been, and likely still are, spies in both the north and south alliances on the EC.
I have never been active enough in the Colonies to verify this, but I am quite sure it happens there as well.
INFORMATION is key to surviving. 
Even without actual spies, keeping yourself informed of what is happening around you is only common sense.

This is a game of war and spying is part of war.  I have re-read the social contract and don't see how spying is a breach.
You and I may not like it, but it is acceptable. 
If this is not the case, please let me know so that I can report those players that I know have deliberately implanted themselves as spies.

There was also no forewarning about this. The main realm behind this is themed after an evil faction in Lord of the Rings. No declarations were made, neither before nor after. How would we even know what to look for?

No forewarning? 
I was not involved in this in any way and I do not employ any spies.
Though I did not know the details of the operation, I did know that something big was going down almost three (3) weeks before this incident happened.  Looking back through my information now, it starts to become clear where that "something big" was headed.
INFORMATION. 

Caputing all advies? Do you have any idea how impractical that is? And how worthless that is? There are huge hordes all around us. We can't police beyond our borders. And since they don't show up on scout reports, we can't even see them coming. Besides, it'd be of no help. Because advies don't act on TC. If at least it was that, it'd be a click-race after turn-change where all get an equal chance. But it isn't, the advies pop into the city only when its player is online. And he can immediately start blasting everyone away. You get a few seconds at most to figure out what is happening and react.

At least one realm on BT closed their borders to advies (warning sent to all realm leaders to be shared with their advies).  I am not sure how effective it was, but I do know that MY advy stayed clear of that realm to avoid any trouble. 
The fact that your realm only had one region has left you in an unique (poor/disadvantaged) position. 
Again, someone decided to "kick your realm while it was down".

Do you even play on BT to make such ridiculous suggestions? Because it ain't just BK. My priest has been in a few realms now, and even those with more than 1 region are plagued by huge rogue hordes, both around and within their borders. I'd LOVE to go hunt down all advies of BT and execute them all. But that's just not feasible.
Yes, I do (and have for almost 10 years) play on BT.  Before the most recent rogue problem, mine was one of the smallest realms on the continent.  We can now boast that only two realms have more regions and only one has a higher population.  Not bad with only 10 nobles.  We have come a long way.  We could have complained and given up, but we decided to make lenonaide with the lemons we were handed.