Author Topic: Adventurers No Longer Using Scrolls - Discussion  (Read 13642 times)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Adventurers No Longer Using Scrolls - Discussion
« Topic Start: September 08, 2018, 12:07:21 AM »
This is something I feel strongly about, hence the discussion topic.

I'll say what I have to say in points:

• I am not aware of advies being used as (effective) weapons of war, so I assume it happened on East Continent. IIRC magic was supposed to be nerfed on EC and Colonies. It would fixed the problem better than the current "solution"
  • On Dwi and BT advies should be allowed (to a degree) to be weapons of war.
  • Even if advies are used effectively in war, I'd say there is a damn big counterbalance mechanic... as in they can be friggin killed! Capturing advies is like taking candy from a baby. If someone is ready to try and swing the fate of one battle/one region (doubtful) for the price of losing their character - ok, I guess it's a fair deal.
  • Disabling advies from using magic takes one of the more fun (most fun?) aspects of advy game away. I know most people treat entire advy game as a gig to get artifacts/scroll for their pals, but there are few of us who actually enjoy it.
  • Since I've learnt more about what prompted this... my question is - has anything like that happened ever before? Did it require a lot of people actively working together? Have it broke the stagnation on the island a bit? Have it rid us of a single-region new player death-trap realm? Could it be done by non-advies? If you answer yes to at least one of those questions (or no to the first one) then banning advies from magic was overreacting.

EDIT - Forgot to summarize.

Summary: Advies should not be disallowed to use magic.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 12:35:34 AM by MTYL »
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)