Author Topic: Adventurers No Longer Using Scrolls - Discussion  (Read 13754 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurers No Longer Using Scrolls - Discussion
« Reply #30: September 09, 2018, 11:18:45 PM »
I think one important point was made above.

The devs have always said that giving us the scrolls was to force us to attack other players.  Because if we don't, they go off randomly.

So we have a case here of players from one guild getting together and doing exactly that.  Attacking other players in another realm.

They spent months preparing and at least a week actually executing the attack.  This was the greatest player-created event in this game in months.

The first response should not be to call them OOC cheaters and bug abusers.  Especially when the players were never told it was a bug.  And when this same tactic was used months ago against a different realm with no similar response.  Granted, that was in the open field, not citybusting, but it's something to consider.  They exhausted (or at least severely depleted) the supply of scrolls in western BT with exactly the kind of attack we've been told we needed to do by the devs multiple times in the past to keep those scrolls from randomly going off in our own homelands.

If you don't like the results, change how scrolls work.  I'm fine with that.  But don't blame the players for doing exactly what they were told they had to do with the tools they were given to do it with.

That's BS.

PS.  Angmar has been planning and preparing for something exactly like this for months.  Years maybe now?  From the moment he left Nothoi and founded Angmar, he has roleplayed it as a magic using kingdom and has assembled the best collection of nobles and adventurers in a pure mission to gain more scrolls.  I've tried to replicate that, to no real luck let me tell you, in Nothoi at least in some way.  Angmar blasted Gotland with magic attacks during their war a while back.  It was no surprise they could do something like this.  At least not to me.  But then I've been watching.

So when another realm declares themselves to be worshiping the Daimons that Daishi is opposed to?  Don't be surprised when a realm that follows Daishi (especially one that follows a more militant version of Daishi than my character generally preaches) goes ballistic on them.  It's sorta going to happen.

Boom.  Boom today.  Boom tomorrow.  Boom SOMEtime...

Boom.