Author Topic: Adventurers No Longer Using Scrolls - Discussion  (Read 13489 times)

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurers No Longer Using Scrolls - Discussion
« Reply #15: September 08, 2018, 07:55:13 PM »
With all respect, first you torture, then you execute.

I have never had need to torture anyone in the game, i did not know that was how the mechanics worked. This was also the first time i have ever executed anyone. Those Militia was Peasant militia drafted today to try and fix the situation you placed us in. I was told to torture first but i didnt realize there was an actual point to doing it, i just thought of it as a dishonorable thing to do, so i skipped it.

Citizen Defense Force Formed
The Emperor has issued a draft, calling all citizens of the realm to join the citizen militia as a last, desperate means of defense against the invaders.

Forming 35 units with a total of 43379 combat strength, 7967 volunteers show up in Wudenkin. Production in the region falls 13 %. Those remaining in their homes grow depressed about their fates. The militia run independent through the region.

Josiah loses 7 points of prestige for showing this weakness.

I am not going to respond anymore, i'll see if it is still worth playing or just pause.  Congratulations you have got what you wanted, total and complete victory. Well done
Rand Gardarr/Tam Gardarr/Veronica Gardarr
Highmarch/Bara'Khur/Luria Nova

Witch-king

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 08, 2018, 08:01:34 PM »
Please do not, BM lives from bitter sweet revenge stories.
But as I said, Bara’Khur isolates itsself quite a lot in re last weeks with that Mordoc thing, a conventional attack would have come sooner or later anyway and maybe even not from Angmar.

I also wholeheartedly invite you to join Angmar with Tam or a fresh character in case Bara’Khur falls or any other time.

You will see not everything is as evil as it seems.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 08, 2018, 08:04:38 PM »
Oh yeah because a realm that trusts commoners to carry out secret missions and worships battletech is so much fun.

We did the mordok stuff because it was somethibg new, something different. Before this attack not a single word was said in the daishi church about mordok at all, for two months. Dont claim the daishi church said anything about it to BK when literally no one said anything about it at all.

The adventurer attacks were bs and not fun.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 08:08:45 PM by Bronnen »

Witch-king

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 08, 2018, 10:05:30 PM »
Because you don’t see something, that does not mean it is not there.

Since we seem to move in circles in this discussion I just want to say that I can go with whatever decision is and will be made regarding the advy game and scrolls.

I just want that when GM intervene they protect all parties who suffered under the bug they had not mentioned untill now or none.

In this case they decided to help Bara’Khur arrest and kill advies, but if I knew that it was a bug, I would of course not have exploited it, my advy would be not with his comrades in Wudenkin and they would be still alive.

I believe the loss of a char you have played for months deserves as well to be protected from a bug that was not taken care of.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 10:08:44 PM by Witch-king »

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 08, 2018, 10:17:41 PM »
Losing a realm is always a sad experience. However when I try to put myself in your shoes I find it hard to replicate how you feel about it. I would have no problem if similar thing happened to any of the realms I play in. I would most certainly prefer it to stagnation and isolation. And I would absolutely prefer it to any not IC action, any OOC admin/dev/titan intervention.

I can't really recall people quit playing BM over IC actions. If it's something done by players to players it's fair game. Most of people floating away from BM do so out of losing interest due to inactivity or admin/dev/titan action ruining their gameplay.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 08, 2018, 10:35:14 PM »
It's not losing a realm that I care about, it's how it was done.

The accident scroll messages were bugged so not a single person in our realm was able to see why we were wounded. And all nobles in the city were wounded, without a single message. Then all the fortification torn down in effectively 2 turns, then a massive horde was summoned. All without the ability of anyone in our realm to do anything.

Adventurers should never, ever have that kind of power. Nobles should.

If it had been done by nobles, no issues or complaints here.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 08, 2018, 10:38:09 PM »
Each adventurer i saw had a noble in that realm.

Plus nobles should never, ever, trust a commoner with that kind of power. They are commoners.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 10:50:09 PM by Bronnen »

Witch-king

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 08, 2018, 10:42:15 PM »
Plus the nobles of those realms were the ones who gave scrolls to their own adventurers. Each adventurer i saw had a noble in that realm. They were just an extension of the noble.

Plus nobles should never, ever, trust a commoner with that kind of power. They are commoners.

Hold your horses there. You are insinuating things.
First, someone can’t give his own commoner scrolls, second you were attacked from commoners from three different realms and not all have that combination you claim.
You should really stop it here.
I will refrain commenting this further and leave again the forum.
I just came here to make clear that the GM intervention has hurt also the attackers a lot, two commoners are dead, they are after all chars to the players who lost them.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 08, 2018, 10:44:31 PM »
The ones i saw all had nobles of their family in the realms they were from.

You're telling me you would have trusted an adventurer from someone who had a noble in OS or BK to do these things? Or did you only trust adventurers who had nobles in realms that agreed with you.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: September 08, 2018, 10:47:21 PM »
And again. No noble shoupd ever trust a single adventurer to do these things let alone many. Too many people play nobles who trust and respect commoners.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: September 08, 2018, 10:48:36 PM »
Plus the nobles of those realms were the ones who gave scrolls to their own adventurers. Each adventurer i saw had a noble in that realm. They were just an extension of the noble.

Not true.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: September 08, 2018, 10:58:56 PM »
Ill specify. I have nothing against players using adventurers. Or anything against the players who did this. My issue is with the fact, plain and simple, thar adventurers should never be able to destroy a realm. Ever

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: September 08, 2018, 11:02:22 PM »
In a logical world, the moment a single commoner gets that kind of power, nobles would kill them. Whether or not they helped them. They are commoners.

Likewise commoners should almost never interact with nobles for fear of being beaten and killed.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 11:06:04 PM by Bronnen »

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: September 08, 2018, 11:47:42 PM »
If that's how you want it, then get rid of adventurers.

The fact is that adventurers are better than your average commoner.  They are an integral part of the game and do special and dangerous missions for nobles all the time.  Some nobles treat them as dirty commoners.  Some as trusted servants.

Now on the comment about Daishi...the high priestess of Daishi declared them an evil daimon worshipping cult several days ago the moment she got confirmation of the text on the Mordoc temple.  That was before the attack happened I think.  I wasn't involved in the attack and didn't know it was happening, but I saw that and made the change and then later heard about the attack.

So that is my memory of the order.

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: September 09, 2018, 03:37:08 PM »
Bronnen - I agree with you on accident messages being bugged screwing you over. And since consequences were this dire there ought to be some sort of intervention, because noone can say if all that would've happened if it weren't for this bug. Perhaps you would arrest those advies in time.

As for the horde - it wasn't summoned. Most of it happened to be around.

As for using advies in this way and trusting them with such power... well I guess nobles use commoners to do their bidding all the time. I agree however that trusting them exclusively with something like that and not sending even one noble to keep them in check should come back to bite them in the ass.

I guess it's mainly fault of isolation and lack of interaction. It was a big endeavor, normally you should catch wind of it before it happened.

It's just that BM design does not fit it's current playerbase. Especially on BT. And we're all screwed by this but I am certain that taking away from people is only going to make this worse.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)