Author Topic: Founding a Religion  (Read 3015 times)

Jonathan Michael

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Founding a Religion
« Topic Start: September 14, 2018, 05:50:25 PM »
Hey everyone,

I was just curious, how does founding a religion work?  What does a player need to do in order to start one?

On the same token, how does a priest increase their fame/prestige?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Founding a Religion
« Reply #1: September 14, 2018, 05:51:08 PM »
Only a Lord can found a religion. In doing so, they will renounce all worldly titles, construct a level 3 temple of their new religion, and become a priest.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Jonathan Michael

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 14, 2018, 06:11:42 PM »
Ah, that makes sense.  Only one of my characters care about religion, so I never really look at the religion options when playing the game with non-priest characters... thanks!

Jonathan Michael

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 14, 2018, 06:16:44 PM »
Only a Lord can found a religion. In doing so, they will renounce all worldly titles, construct a level 3 temple of their new religion, and become a priest.

Also, when we say "Lord", do we mean those who own a realm and not just an estate?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 14, 2018, 06:26:00 PM »
Also, when we say "Lord", do we mean those who own a realm and not just an estate?

Yes, you have to be the Lord of a region, not just a Knight with an estate.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan