Author Topic: Lemon Fame 3  (Read 61095 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Lemon Fame 3
« Reply #75: August 11, 2020, 12:34:50 AM »
Well, in an offhand comment on voice chat, *moments* after I told him he would never guess it before I changed it, Tideweaver guessed, "oh, probably 50% of ten regions" for what triggers the religion founder fame. Which is accurate. Congratulations. Goodies have been given.

And, as I haven't given this thread the proper attention it deserves, I'm going to catch up on the backlog of posts. Everything I do not reply to can be counted as a 'no' to that guess.

1. It's not one and the other. Likely it's one or the other. Most likely it utilizes "Reputation" fame (which is the combination of stats like prestige, honour etc.) or some kind of score that is calculated using arbitrary multiplier, e.g. prestige = 5, honour = 1. If total>legendary threshold you're a legendary hero, if not - sorry gregory.
This is exactly accurate. Chenier got close in a succeeding guess a few posts after the quote, but had prestige and honour inversed and the total threshold too low. Alas, MTYL is not playing anymore, but if he returns, I will fulfill a raincheck on his goodies for the successful guess.

2. It's not absolute, it's dynamic. It must be, since it utilizes either fame mechanics (from the "your fame" tab) or some mechanics that work in a similar fashion. So I believe the legendary threshold is either higher/lower depending on the most legendary person on the continent or it's higher/lower depending on the avarge legendary factor (fame/reputation/honour+prestige)
I like this idea of legendary hero fame being relative to the continent's average legendary score and am tempted to change it (some day).

A tournament will be considered successful when the holder correctly plans for the amount of nobles that will attend?  (+or- a few)
Close, but no cigar.

There is definitely a Fame Point for 1500 gold bounty. Is this already common knowledge?
There is definitely not. But you are a hair away from a correct guess.

There are other people who reported a Fame Point when they had a 1500 gold bounty. I tested it by adding 500 gold to my own bounty every turn for three turns. Exactly when I hit 1500 a new Fame point popped up.

I feel pretty confident that it is. Still waiting on official "yay or nay" from an Admin though.
Nay, but you grazed 'yay' with that shot.

Now, if someone could update the Fame and Fame Box wiki pages with this updated information, that would be highly appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 12:43:26 AM by Vita` »