Author Topic: Lemon Fame 3  (Read 59759 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Lemon Fame 3
« Topic Start: September 16, 2018, 05:20:45 PM »
It is a tradition in BattleMaster for family fame points to remain unknown until successfully guessed by players. A few months of Goodies are given as a reward.

In 2004, a contest, LemonFame, was held to guess fame points. In 2006, Lemon Fame 2 was held. Inspired by the recent successful guess by Lefanis, I think it's long overdue to have Lemon Fame 3 within this thread.

There is also a Fame Box, which holds a highly-accurate player-built template system for family pages on the wiki.

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
Re: Lemon Fame 3
« Reply #1: September 18, 2018, 04:10:39 AM »
Checking the http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Fame page, I think it's missing at least two known points?

Successful rebellion and 50% swordfighting skill?

What about taking control of an army, it's not even in the hints? Are there hints for the new fame points added later? Honestly, this is all very very confusing. New fame, old fame, new hints, old hints...
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 18, 2018, 08:46:10 AM »
Well, if we are guessing, I would say that a "legendary" hero death would be the death of a hero who holds a council position or possibly a title of Duke/Duchess.

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 18, 2018, 01:20:09 PM »
Well, if we are guessing, I would say that a "legendary" hero death would be the death of a hero who holds a council position or possibly a title of Duke/Duchess.

I got it with a character years and years ago that was neither a lord or a council member. Guess again! :)
Like my programming? Become my patron!

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 18, 2018, 07:53:45 PM »
I got it with a character years and years ago that was neither a lord or a council member. Guess again! :)
Sadly, I did not start to pay attention to fame until I realized that I was in the top twenty or so.
It is possible that I obtained it years ago as well.

It's hard to keep track of new ones, when I had no idea which ones I already had.

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 19, 2018, 02:53:51 PM »
Legendary Hero status has been my belief that it requires over 100 honour. Gilth received the points when he died. He had only ever been a knight, not even a region lord.

Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 19, 2018, 09:58:13 PM »
Legendary Hero status has been my belief that it requires over 100 honour. Gilth received the points when he died. He had only ever been a knight, not even a region lord.
100 Honour seems a little low for legendary.
Did he die in a battle that his unit went on to win after his death?

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 20, 2018, 02:17:13 AM »
Not sure, but I had a hero on an old account who died, and the battle was won, and he only got me one Fame Point.

I don't think 100 seems low. The majority of characters in BM have lower than 100 honor.

Shepard

• Freeman
  • Thorns N' Roses
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8: September 22, 2018, 01:04:13 PM »
I just got a fame point this morning and no important thing happened except one of my character gained a point of honour from battle and the total family honour became 110.
Adriel (Caligus, EC), Astrida (Shattered Vales, BT) and Artorias (Arnor, DWI)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 22, 2018, 03:14:39 PM »
I just got a fame point this morning and no important thing happened except one of my character gained a point of honour from battle and the total family honour became 110.

Then something else must have happened, because there are no fame points for honour.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Shepard

• Freeman
  • Thorns N' Roses
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10: September 22, 2018, 04:32:22 PM »
Other than that none of the characters did anything except scouting regions and traveling. And my Judge character holding a harsh court.

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 24, 2018, 04:48:13 AM »
Is it possible you just noticed it but it happened earlier? I certainly don't check my fame on a daily basis. Anything significant happen in the past week(s)?

Shepard

• Freeman
  • Thorns N' Roses
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12: September 24, 2018, 12:05:11 PM »
Is it possible you just noticed it but it happened earlier? I certainly don't check my fame on a daily basis. Anything significant happen in the past week(s)?

Definitely was 8 fame at night, after morning turn it became 9 fame. 3 days before that, the banker sold food from my region to a city, so there could be a chance its the Trader fame but 1. I didn't sell the food 2. It was 3 days before I got the point 3. I am pretty sure the city wasn't starving.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: September 24, 2018, 12:14:16 PM »
Nope, then it's definitely not the Trader fame.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: September 24, 2018, 04:13:24 PM »
Is it just selling to starving region or also buying for starving region?
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)