Author Topic: Lemon Fame 3  (Read 59770 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Re: Lemon Fame 3
« Reply #15: September 24, 2018, 08:37:08 PM »
I am pretty sure the key is selling for a loss to a starving region. I think.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 25, 2018, 09:22:30 AM »
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 08, 2018, 10:50:39 PM »
I got it with a character years and years ago that was neither a lord or a council member. Guess again! :)

OK, I will.   ;D
Now that I know I have already received the fame points for a "Legendary Hero" I will offer another, more educated guess.

A "Legendary Hero" is one who fights alone (only his unit) against a superior foe and dies in the battle.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #18: October 08, 2018, 11:55:15 PM »
Rising from the Dead?  ::)
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: October 12, 2018, 08:35:03 AM »
OK, I will.   ;D
Now that I know I have already received the fame points for a "Legendary Hero" I will offer another, more educated guess.

A "Legendary Hero" is one who fights alone (only his unit) against a superior foe and dies in the battle.

Nope, try again.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 15, 2018, 09:11:56 AM »
No, Legendary Hero is a status change. There would be a lot more junior heroes buried as legends if it just required a pitched battle.

I think there is some sort of time in factor. Perhaps,

• A certain number of battles fought while a hero?
  • A certain amount of hon/pres gained while a hero?
  • Maybe even just simply being a hero for a set amount of time?
  • Could be winning a certain number of battles as a hero? Or fighting in a certain amount of battles where your side has less CS?

I don't think I have ever clicked on a name from the Legendary Hero burial message and seen a character with less than 100 honor. That makes me think it is something that gets accumulated.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: October 15, 2018, 11:06:29 AM »
  • A certain amount of hon/pres gained while a hero?

...snipped...

I don't think I have ever clicked on a name from the Legendary Hero burial message and seen a character with less than 100 honor. That makes me think it is something that gets accumulated.
You are looking in the right direction...

PS: Sorry to those I haven't responded to directly yet - I will.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 17, 2018, 12:00:10 PM »

I would think that legendary part of the hero has more to do with prestige than honor- nothing to do with the time spent as hero, or accumulation or battles. Just the pure H/P values. My own legendary hero had 111 honor and 27 prestige at death. So I am going to say that to be a legendary hero you need to have 25 prestige. Perhaps 100 honor as well.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: October 17, 2018, 04:42:24 PM »
But by that logic, couldn't a char with 100/25 switch to Hero, die the next day, and be buried as a Legend? That doesn't seem very Legendary.

That is why I think there is a number that must be accumulated while they are actually a Hero.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: October 17, 2018, 04:55:22 PM »
But by that logic, couldn't a char with 100/25 switch to Hero, die the next day, and be buried as a Legend? That doesn't seem very Legendary.

That is why I think there is a number that must be accumulated while they are actually a Hero.

I have seen characters change class to hero, then die within no more than a few days, and be hailed as a legend. It's long enough ago that I don't recall the specifics, but I remember it being talked about at the time specifically in the context of the Legendary Hero fame.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: October 17, 2018, 07:27:43 PM »
Indeed, Lefanis is more oriented in the right direction.

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: October 17, 2018, 07:51:20 PM »
That is kind of lame. A hero should have to work as a hero to become legendary!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: October 17, 2018, 08:28:59 PM »
That is kind of lame. A hero should have to work as a hero to become legendary!

But does the work need to be while they're a hero? Or can they become legendary for things they did before they put aside their humility and declared themselves to be one?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: October 18, 2018, 12:27:19 AM »
Bah! No risk, no reward IMO!

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: October 18, 2018, 01:40:56 AM »
I've suspected what Anaris is saying, based on what I've seen of heroes in the past. Characters become legendary, and if they die as a hero, well they were already legendary, and indisputably a hero (because, dead) well then they're a legendary hero.

Legendary status I believe has to do with a couple factors. Prestige is definite. Titles, factor maybe some, but I've seen folks spend their careers as Knights and become legendary. Possibly something to do with the number of people they've met too. Hard to be a legend if no one knows your name.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.