Author Topic: Lemon Fame 3  (Read 59763 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Lemon Fame 3
« Reply #30: October 18, 2018, 02:22:33 AM »
Titles, factor maybe some, but I've seen folks spend their careers as Knights and become legendary. Possibly something to do with the number of people they've met too. Hard to be a legend if no one knows your name.

Man, some of you really like to overcomplicate this fame point...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: October 18, 2018, 02:28:34 AM »
I am quite sure it isn't a title thing. Very confident it is an hon/pres thing. The only question is how much.

I have research to do.

EDIT: Ugh. Family pages just say if the character was killed as a hero. Makes no mention of whether they were legendary or not. I don't know why I thought it would, this mystery would have been solved long ago if that was the case...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 02:40:39 AM by Gildre »
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: October 18, 2018, 02:57:39 AM »
Well, Anaris and I have discussed amongst ourselves, and we're going to jointly award Lefanis and Gildre with goodies for coming the closest to guessing the Legendary Hero famepoint. We don't think anyone will be likely to improve upon the specificity of the guesses; if anyone can get more accurate, we will reward that, but I think thats quite unlikely.

To clarify, both prestige and honour can contribute to being considered Legendary Hero. You don't have to gain that h/p while you are hero class. Lefanis's suggestion given, 25 prestige and 100 honour, does qualify as legendary, but it does not have to be those specific amounts of h/p to qualify.

Lefanis and Gildre have both received 2 months of Goodies.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: October 18, 2018, 03:09:47 AM »
To clarify, both prestige and honour can contribute to being considered Legendary Hero. You don't have to gain that h/p while you are hero class. Lefanis's suggestion given, 25 prestige and 100 honour, does qualify as legendary, but it does not have to be those specific amounts of h/p to qualify.

To clarify slightly further, it's not a set amount of honour and prestige, but a moderately complex formula.

So research away! ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: October 18, 2018, 03:54:52 AM »
Thanks! You guys rock!

I have been scouring the Wiki, finding pages with Legendary Heros in the fame boxes, and recording their hon/pres. I have found a few interesting things:

• There is a fair amount of people who do not understand how Fame Points work.
  • There are SO MANY family pages whose accounts have been deleted. Over and over I found a family with a Legendary fame panel, only to find their family no longer exists and I couldn't verify the hon/pres.
  • I stumbled onto a Wiki page called Careful Research. Either it was made by Mercer or Twinblade, but both of those families seem to be gone. Anyways, he had linked the family history from one of my characters from my very first account which got deleted. I never knew the ID code so I couldn't see it, so finding that was an awesome treat and a great blast from the past!! So if either of those guys have new accounts and see this, thanks a ton!!!

Since Anaris and Vita have given us the nod, I am going to cease my search. I have to admit, I am pretty discouraged by the lack of solid evidence to go off of anyways. However, my findings definitely lined up pretty well with Lefanis. So far I have found 7 nobles who the player is completely convinced they got the Fame Points for Legendary. The lowest prestige I found was 26, and the lowest honour was 103.

I have to admit, I am pretty curious about the "moderately complex formula", but to find that out for sure I assume I would need to spend a few years learning how to code and then offer up my services as a developer and work my way up to being granted access to see those features, so I think I will settle for the 25/100 approximation!

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: October 18, 2018, 09:39:24 PM »
1. It's not one and the other. Likely it's one or the other. Most likely it utilizes "Reputation" fame (which is the combination of stats like prestige, honour etc.) or some kind of score that is calculated using arbitrary multiplier, e.g. prestige = 5, honour = 1. If total>legendary threshold you're a legendary hero, if not - sorry gregory.

2. It's not absolute, it's dynamic. It must be, since it utilizes either fame mechanics (from the "your fame" tab) or some mechanics that work in a similar fashion. So I believe the legendary threshold is either higher/lower depending on the most legendary person on the continent or it's higher/lower depending on the avarge legendary factor (fame/reputation/honour+prestige)

BOOM!

Sorry, I really didn't mean to blow minds.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: October 19, 2018, 03:57:23 PM »
Thanks! You guys rock!

I have been scouring the Wiki, finding pages with Legendary Heros in the fame boxes, and recording their hon/pres. I have found a few interesting things:

• There is a fair amount of people who do not understand how Fame Points work.
  • There are SO MANY family pages whose accounts have been deleted. Over and over I found a family with a Legendary fame panel, only to find their family no longer exists and I couldn't verify the hon/pres.
  • I stumbled onto a Wiki page called Careful Research. Either it was made by Mercer or Twinblade, but both of those families seem to be gone. Anyways, he had linked the family history from one of my characters from my very first account which got deleted. I never knew the ID code so I couldn't see it, so finding that was an awesome treat and a great blast from the past!! So if either of those guys have new accounts and see this, thanks a ton!!!

Since Anaris and Vita have given us the nod, I am going to cease my search. I have to admit, I am pretty discouraged by the lack of solid evidence to go off of anyways. However, my findings definitely lined up pretty well with Lefanis. So far I have found 7 nobles who the player is completely convinced they got the Fame Points for Legendary. The lowest prestige I found was 26, and the lowest honour was 103.

I have to admit, I am pretty curious about the "moderately complex formula", but to find that out for sure I assume I would need to spend a few years learning how to code and then offer up my services as a developer and work my way up to being granted access to see those features, so I think I will settle for the 25/100 approximation!

Legendary is when fame => 100, where fame = prestige + 0.25 x honor

Random numbers, just an idea of what it could possibly look like?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: October 20, 2018, 12:35:48 AM »
You wrote that so confidently that I thought it was the actual formula haha!

I get what you are putting down though.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: October 20, 2018, 09:14:11 AM »
Lefanis and Gildre have both received 2 months of Goodies.

Nice, just seeing this  :D Will get to work guessing the others soon enough!
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: November 05, 2018, 05:55:35 PM »
Hmmm... This is a wildly random guess, but do you get a point when you get kicked out of lordship due to revolt? Those unknown fame points are nagging at me...
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: November 05, 2018, 07:38:01 PM »
Is there a point to be gained by "buying/forging a claim" to obtain a lordless region from another realm?

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: November 26, 2018, 07:28:20 AM »
I have been trying to figure out the Prophet fame. Anyone who has it, do you remember what state your religion was in?

I read that getting a region to 50% followers was a factor, but that didn't work. Then I tried getting 50% of a regions max population, but no point then either. Currently have two temples and four nobles involved in the religion.

Ideas?

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: November 26, 2018, 05:46:23 PM »
Guilds get a "significant event" message when they make it to 10 members. Perhaps 10 noble followers is the threshold for Prophet fame?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: November 26, 2018, 05:53:52 PM »
Between the two of you, you're getting warm.
Timothy Collett

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: November 26, 2018, 07:06:50 PM »
Lefanis, let's quit our jobs and become Fame Detectives. We are rockin' it!

Also, once I have convinced another five people to join, I will update.