Author Topic: Change where units can be recruited/region specialties  (Read 3414 times)

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I was wondering if it wouldn't make sense for certain region types to have specialties. Right now the only place people can build large RC's are in the capital. In my opinion that kind of makes it way harder to destroy the RC's and renders the destroy RC option pretty useless.

Idea I had was to have different regions have specialties, and allow for those regions to build max level rc's of only that type.

Example: Rural regions could only have a lvl 4 RC of cavalry, and only level 1 of everything else. Maybe easier to get higher quality troops of those types too.

Cities/strongholds, SF

Townslands, MI or INF

Woodlands, Archers

And mountains could be Infantry or MI.

What do people think?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
There's been some talk about this sort of thing in the past, and I'm cautiously in favour of a system of this general nature.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I know it's probably very difficult to code as well, but specialized infantry.

Like Pikemen who take more hits from other infantry and archers, but destroy cavalry, light infantry who take less from archers but more from cav, and tank infantry who take less from all, but do very little damage.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I know it's probably very difficult to code as well, but specialized infantry.

Like Pikemen who take more hits from other infantry and archers, but destroy cavalry, light infantry who take less from archers but more from cav, and tank infantry who take less from all, but do very little damage.

Something of this nature (definitely pikemen) is intended to be implemented as equipment for armies at some point in the future.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Awesome! So is the request approved then? lol

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I actually think we should do something like this. Maybe this will be a good way to make wasteland more useful as well.

Cities should still be able to build all types to at least lv4 though. If cities can only build Lv4 SFs, it would cripple some realms.

I'd go one step further and make rurals produce better stats for cavalries (or give bonuses when you build the RC maybe. +10 to all stats or something).

But yeah generally, I think having regions outside of cities being able to upgrade RCs to lv4 would be a nice idea.

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
Something of this nature (definitely pikemen) is intended to be implemented as equipment for armies at some point in the future.

Unit variety? That's going to be super fun to add to the combat code.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Unit variety? That's going to be super fun to add to the combat code.

I could see it as being fairly simple, actually. Not necessarily quick to do, but not overwhelmingly complex.

Keeping with the same unit types, there could be an option for type of equipment. For infantry, for example, it could be heavy blades, pikes, or sword and shield. Just like formations grant a bonus, so could their equipment. Heavy blades can give a bonus to damage against infantry, pikes can give a bonus to damage against cavalry, and sword and shield can give a bonus to defense.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
I like the spirit of this idea. Adding a bit of strategic value flavoring to different types of regions will be fun to have to consider in-game, imo.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"