Author Topic: Approved: Free kegs during a festival  (Read 9607 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Approved: Free kegs during a festival
« Topic Start: September 19, 2018, 12:36:43 AM »
Title: Free kegs during a festival
Summary: Make refilling kegs free while a festival is being held in the region you are in.
Details: Filling kegs will cost 0 silver for the duration of the festival
Benefits: Will help people fill kegs cheaply. Also it will make festivals more meaningful than just another tool for managing region stats
Possible Downsides or Exploits: Not sure how often you can hold festivals but region lords might try to hold festivals too often.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 06:37:16 AM by Vita »

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Free kegs during a festival
« Reply #1: September 19, 2018, 12:54:37 AM »
Like....

But perhaps also....

• Seriously limit the number of empty kegs each character can refill in a day to avoid abuse. Even as low as 2 or 3 kegs a day?
  • A message or rumour to adventurers within a close vicinity of the region (if they have enough adventuring skill to overhear the rumour) announcing the nearby festival.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 12:57:28 AM by Logar »
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 19, 2018, 12:58:59 AM »
Title: Free kegs during a festival
Summary: Make refilling kegs free while a festival is being held in the region you are in.
Details: Filling kegs will cost 0 silver for the duration of the festival
Benefits: Will help people fill kegs cheaply. Also it will make festivals more meaningful than just another tool for managing region stats
Possible Downsides or Exploits: Not sure how often you can hold festivals but region lords might try to hold festivals too often.

That's really cute, I like it. Just need to make sure there's an easy way to prevent abuse.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 19, 2018, 04:03:18 AM »
To help prevent abuse, the gold /silver cost could be free, but the time required could be more than the normal one hour.
When you are paying cash, it is straight to business. 
When it is free, you must spend your hours "socializing" and talking up the various barkeeps.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 19, 2018, 06:13:06 AM »
Like....

But perhaps also....

• Seriously limit the number of empty kegs each character can refill in a day to avoid abuse. Even as low as 2 or 3 kegs a day?
  • A message or rumour to adventurers within a close vicinity of the region (if they have enough adventuring skill to overhear the rumour) announcing the nearby festival.

24 kegs isn't much to be honest. Thats like 60 fatigue. You will run through kegs super fast.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 19, 2018, 06:36:19 AM »
To help prevent abuse, the gold /silver cost could be free, but the time required could be more than the normal one hour.
When you are paying cash, it is straight to business. 
When it is free, you must spend your hours "socializing" and talking up the various barkeeps.
Also, being known as having free kegs, there will probably be long lines :P

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Approved: Free kegs during a festival
« Reply #6: September 19, 2018, 02:12:18 PM »
It wouldn't be too difficult to make it a one-time-per-day refill of as many kegs as you've got. I think that's the way I'd probably do it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 19, 2018, 11:03:57 PM »
It wouldn't be too difficult to make it a one-time-per-day refill of as many kegs as you've got. I think that's the way I'd probably do it.
Do full kegs that are used just disappear, or are they added back into your inventory as empty kegs?
I should likely know this, but have never really given it any thought before.
(I just tried, but I have no advy hours left and the keg I used did not empty after 4 uses.  Any other time I am lucky to get 2-3 uses per keg)

_IF_ the used kegs go back into inventory as empty kegs, I believe that there would be more room for possible abuse.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 19, 2018, 11:06:54 PM »
They are added as empty kegs. However, the room for abuse is limited. I mean, how much fatigue can you possibly accrue and then drink away during the course of a festival?
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 20, 2018, 12:00:49 AM »
They are added as empty kegs. However, the room for abuse is limited. I mean, how much fatigue can you possibly accrue and then drink away during the course of a festival?
During the festival is not my concern. 
An advy with 50 or 60 kegs would would certainly get a much larger benefit than one with only a few.
As it stands now, my advy saves her kegs for "emergencies".  If she knew that she could refill all her kegs in one stop at a festival, there would be less need to conserve them. 

Over time, they could actually replace the need to pay for lodging or refilling kegs. 

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 20, 2018, 02:21:01 AM »
My advy uses kegs to reduce time lost gathering to fatigue,and to visit a sage when time is a premium. Having kept a close eye on keg prices, they are rarely affordable, so any free kegs are a literal bonus.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 20, 2018, 08:08:24 AM »
I think festivals only last for a day? So you can only fill 24 kegs at most.

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 20, 2018, 09:23:26 AM »
This would be awesome.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: September 20, 2018, 10:43:44 AM »
Someone should transform this into a feature request on the Bugtracker.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: September 20, 2018, 03:40:10 PM »
I disagree with 'as many kegs as youve got'.

I take it one-time-per-day means all advy characters have 24 hours to click the 'get free keg refill' button? Festivals are only one-day/24 hours?