Author Topic: Additional Line Settings  (Read 3983 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Additional Line Settings
« Topic Start: September 19, 2018, 10:13:04 PM »
To explain a little more, the combat map right now is really just a single dimension—units are X units to the defending or attacking side of the center of the battlefield. It doesn't comprehend the idea of them being also spread out in space along their line.

What I want to do is give it that extra dimension (literally) so that it can be more of a grid. That will enable a number of cool things, but I'm a little concerned about the complexity it will require for players who want to have any meaningful control over how their units use that space.

The simplest I can think of is, indeed, something along the lines of setting your unit to the Center, the Left Flank, or the Right Flank.

(Of course, it'll add a lot of complexity in the code, too, but that's my problem, not a problem I'd be handing to the players.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan