Author Topic: Wudenkin  (Read 8662 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Wudenkin
« Topic Start: October 04, 2018, 10:51:28 AM »
Everybody knows that a strike was recently conducted on Wudenkin by agents of Daishi.

Well.  Yao Ling recently decided it was time to add her own say to the matter of Wudenkin and their Daimon worshiping ways.  So she walked into Wudenkin, fired off a scroll of hammerfall, a scroll of pain and suffering, and several summon scrolls.

And...she said a thing while there.  I figured I'd post it to the forum so all y'all that aint there can enjoy the festivities.  :)

Yao Ling walked down from the mountains with six priests who once ministered from the pulpit of Wudenkin’s temple.

The seven figures came to a stop outside bow range of the walls of Wudenkin and raised their rams horns high into the sky.  The high and shrill sound echoed off the walls in one grand cacophony.  Then a second and a third time they blew the horns.  A fourth time came accompanied by a thick cloud cutting off the sun and darkness fell upon the city.  They blew a fifth time and thunder rumbled in the heavens.  Lightning clashed in time to the sixth chorus.

And then the horns blew a seventh time and the hammer of the gods came down to smash against the walls of Wudenkin.  Rubble fell from the heights and rolled onto the plains below as the last echoes of the rams horns faded away and silence ruled.

Finally Yao Ling stepped forward and brought a different horn up to her mouth.  She began to talk, and her words came clearly to everyone who still had ears to hear.

“I have come in the name of the gods of humanity!  For the people of Wudenkin have sinned and followed the Daimons!  Your leaders have forsaken humanity and have torn down the temples in their pride and arrogance!  They have sacrificed the innocent and fed their blood to Daimons!  They have driven the people to riot and murder of their fellow citizens!

“Now I come with the words of the gods on my lips!

“Your leaders have been found guilty of the betrayal and slaughter of innocents!  And so your walls tremble before the sound of our horns!  Your judge is guilty of the murder of soldiers of humanity and will be punished unless he repents of his evil ways!

“To the people of Wudenkin, I exhort you to repent!  Repent of your wicked ways!  Rebuild the temples to the gods your leaders destroyed!  Stand with humanity as you did in ages past and all will be forgiven!  But if you continue in this wickedness, in this slaughter of innocents, the gods will spit you from their lips and ruin will come upon you!

“The gods have sent me with this warning to you all!  Disregard it at your peril!”
Then the six priests behind her blew on their horns once more and Yao Ling turned away from the city to the sound of their haunting calls.  The procession returned to their mountain pathways and faded away from the city without a trace.