Author Topic: Abusive Players?  (Read 13955 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Abusive Players?
« Reply #15: October 19, 2018, 08:46:11 PM »
There was no abuse by the players who performed the attack.  They and other players had done the same general thing before on BT and other lands.  No magical attack like that can truly threaten the survival of a healthy realm, but it can certainly hurt it.

The primary difference here is that the attack in question was used on a very weak realm, pushed back to its capital, and barely hanging on thanks to the monster and undead swarms.  The attack felt devastating because it pushed you over the edge into a point where the monsters and undead swarms were going to finish you off.

Look.  I understand.  You'd been fighting the swarms for months.  You'd been pushed to the brink of collapse.  The realm you seceded from had already died and you were on the verge of following them, but you were still hanging on.  Just barely.  Then some adventurers from a religion you'd been attacking for months show up with some scrolls and leave you damaged enough that the next round of monsters are going to come in and wipe you up like an old napkin.

You didn't like that.  I understand.  It's not always nice to see all your hard work turned to naught because another realm or alliance smashes you.  But that's life in BattleMaster.  Sometimes you just get pounded.  I've lost multiple realms to the monsters, undead, and Daimons.  I've lost realms to the admins literally sinking the island I'd played on since I started PLAYING BattleMaster.  And I've lost realms to other realms.  That is BattleMaster...Sometimes you just don't win the battles.

But instead of rolling with it, you complained to the admins and they reversed the effects of the attack so you could arrest and execute the characters involved.  You got your instant pound of flesh and moral victory against the players who had injured your characters and realm.  And then the admins blamed those other players and accused them of abusing the rules.  Adding insult like that to the very real injuries already inflicted on players is an error and should be corrected.