Author Topic: Abusive Players?  (Read 13895 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Re: Abusive Players?
« Reply #15: October 20, 2018, 02:15:27 AM »
Were it so easy to pull off with nobles, it'd have been done through nobles. There are a lot of reasons it was done with adventurers, and a lot of them help explain why it was abuse.

Arguably it would have been easier to pull it off with Priests instead of Advies. Advies were used so that nobles could claim innocence.

In any case, it boils down to a simple question: Are adventurers meant to be able to bring realms to their knees?

The answer is, and always was, clearly a resounding "no". They were meant as a side-game that nobles can and should ignore. That's always what all the official pages, Tom, and the dev team always said.

I just reread the Wiki on Advies. It doesn't remotely touch on the subject. In fact, what it says supports that the Advies involved were played correctly. Commoners are supposed to cater to the noble class, so if a bunch of nobles order a bunch of Advies to take a bunch of scrolls and set them off in location X, then that is exactly what they should do. You ask, "Are adventurers meant to be able to bring realms to their knees?". Absolutely not. But that isn't what happened here. A group of Advie saboteurs backed enormously by nobles brought a realm to its knees. That is a very different thing. It would take those Advies years to accumulate that many scrolls. They simply could not have done it by themselves, so your answer of "No" hasn't been broken. Advies have not been able to bring a realm to its knees, alone.

You talk as if Bara'Khur was on the verge of collapse, a single unit from dying. It wasn't. It had high walls. Lots of militia. And an army. Was it struggling? Sure, being central, all of the continent's rogues pass through BK on their way anywhere else. But BK wasn't dying, Wudenkin was solid. But what those advies did, no human army could have achieved. At that point, with the hordes being what they were, I don't think any human army could have even successfully reached BK. So not only could a noble army not have made the trek, but they'd have exposed their realms to the rogues, causing them to lose a bunch of regions. Adventurers were chosen for reasons, the very same reasons that made it abusive.

First, I said nothing about BK's state. I think you might be mixing someone else's reply up with mine. Furthermore, again it would have been easier to accomplish with Priests. Advies were chosen for IC reasons, not for game mechanical reasons.

Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.