Author Topic: Abusive Players?  (Read 13897 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Abusive Players?
« Reply #15: October 20, 2018, 09:56:23 AM »
I agree with Polar's points as well.

I don't know what the fix is.

Is it removing magic as was done in East Continent?

Or is it in reducing the number of scrolls any one person can carry?

I don't know.

There are numerous issues with magic, and while it can be fun, it can potentially be too powerful as well.

I would like to see a game that relies less on magic and more on force of arms and nobility.  But the magic element is certainly interesting and I have used it very much.

Granted, until very recently I've not used it against player realms.  Especially on BT where I play a character who believes in supporting all of humanity against the Daimons.

But the "Walls of Wudenkin" post I published a week or three ago heralded a change in her policy there.  Considering Wudenkin's fall to Daimon worship, my character now feels free to....ahem..."dispose" of harmful scrolls in their backyard.  ;)

And as one of the oldest priests in the game, with real life years practicing the art of using scrolls against the Daimons, she turns out to be rather good at scroll magic.  :)

In short though, I don't think it would hurt the game to lose at least some of the magic scrolls.  As we've seen both on BT and in other lands, large scale magical events can cause...great angst amongst those who are the....recipients of said events...