Author Topic: Approved: Customisable Duchy Shares  (Read 3642 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Approved: Customisable Duchy Shares
« Topic Start: October 15, 2018, 04:45:52 PM »
Name: Customisable Duchy Shares

Summary:
Allow Dukes to set individual duchy shares per region.

Details:
Currently, Dukes can set a global tax rate for all regions inside their duchy. However, the proposed feature would give them the option of customizing it for every region in their duchy, based on their preferences.

Benefits:
Increases lord-duke dialogue- characters can punish or reward lords, or set specific taxes based on the regions total earnings- thereby improving the duchy game and promoting discussion between a duke and his lords.

Improves politics- Dukes can now slug it out to lure individual lords over by promising them a lower tax rate. This creates conflict and can cause wars.

Downsides:
None that I can think of. Disgruntled lords, perhaps?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 04:16:00 PM by Vita »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Customisable Duchy Shares
« Reply #1: October 15, 2018, 07:47:45 PM »
I like this idea and wonder if there would be a col way to give Kings the same options with regard to their dukes. Like maybe having an option where the crown receives an additional 0%, 5%, or 10% from a specific duchy. A function that would work independent of the bankers new abilities as a ruler-only thing?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 15, 2018, 08:15:28 PM »
Pretty sure this got shot down before.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 15, 2018, 08:44:03 PM »
Pretty sure the original proposal is an approved Todo. Less certain about the other but I'm going to err on side of it being approved. I'll try to remember to update thread with approval title and icon when I'm on desktop next if someone else doesn't do it before me.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 15, 2018, 08:53:35 PM »
To clarify on the second proposal, I only approve of customized ducal shares for whoever currently is responsible for setting the ducal tax rate.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 16, 2018, 01:09:20 PM »
If this hasn't been shot down before, I think this will bring some nice conflicts indeed.

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #6: October 16, 2018, 03:35:33 PM »
+1
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 18, 2018, 08:47:30 AM »
I am in favor of this.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 18, 2018, 11:35:30 PM »
Would be a step towards the game respecting the concept of individual oaths throughout the hierarchy.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 15, 2019, 04:14:30 PM »
Hey, I was working on this last week, for all hierarchy levels. That is rulers can set customized tax rates for each duke, dukes for each lord, and lords for each vassal. Should be available when we do our next live update. The fun part will be the update, because most likely *someone*'s tax day will happen shortly thereafter and setting default values until players adjust the actual values.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 15, 2019, 05:40:01 PM »
Hey, I was working on this last week, for all hierarchy levels. That is rulers can set customized tax rates for each duke, dukes for each lord, and lords for each vassal. Should be available when we do our next live update. The fun part will be the update, because most likely *someone*'s tax day will happen shortly thereafter and setting default values until players adjust the actual values.

Can you make sure to warn people in red texts when you implement this since it will change a lot of current tax settings?

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 15, 2019, 08:32:20 PM »
Can you make sure to warn people in red texts when you implement this since it will change a lot of current tax settings?

I think that is definitely a lessons learned from last time.

I'm not sure if I understand it right. But can't you make sure that:
- Realm share for all dukes to ruler is the same as current realm share?
- Lord share to duke is the same as the current duke tax?

That way, the 'default' after the update will not affect anything, only if people start knowingly playing with the numbers...
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)