Author Topic: The Daimonomicon  (Read 9975 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
The Daimonomicon
« Topic Start: October 15, 2018, 08:54:44 PM »
Hi folks,

Before Rania was wounded in the recent cross-island VIOLET CALAMITY RP, she was given a glimpse into the Netherworld that inspired her to assemble all known knowledge of daimons and their history with man into one compendium, aptly titled the Daimonomicon.

What I've assembled thus far has been canvased from across the entire wikispace, with some addendum here and there by myself as well as some input from Anaris and Vita. RP wise, this will be reflected as scouring many libraries for information in order to furnish this "book" with detailed descriptions of persons and events. I wouldn't say its near finished yet, however. Lot's of inforamtion is missing, so I am posting here in hopes that y'all will take a look and help me identify and add the missing pieces. It is my hope that this tome will become a touchstone for any player/character wishing to study the greatest foes of Battlemaster. There are still many questions left unanswered and many details that, thus far, remain lost to time.

Thanks in advance!

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Heralds_of_Obeah/The_Daimonomicon

"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Re: The Daimonomicon
« Reply #1: October 15, 2018, 09:46:56 PM »
Love it!

Don't forget to name Arcane as a notable Daimon leader. In addition you have Fang Fang listed as one, but IIRC he was a monster, not a Daimon.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #2: October 15, 2018, 10:45:28 PM »
Love it!

Don't forget to name Arcane as a notable Daimon leader. In addition you have Fang Fang listed as one, but IIRC he was a monster, not a Daimon.

Ah thank you! Yes i was very confused. I hadn't realized that the third invasion had both monsters and daimons. I'll remove fang fang. I already hade Arcane listed in the leader section, but that's about all I know about him/her/it? lol

By all means, please feel free to update. Wimpie chides me for my many edits

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #3: October 15, 2018, 10:50:18 PM »
wait hold on, apparently Fang fang WAS a daimon, but of the Zuma, not Beluaterra

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 16, 2018, 01:11:18 AM »
Ah, yes that's right.

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 18, 2018, 09:19:23 AM »
Under the list of Daimonslayers, I would request the addition of Regstav Pryde.  He still carries (RPwise) the flaming dragon sword he wielded against the Daimons.  It has a tooth from two Daimons named Kree that he was part of slaying embedded in the hilt.  Though he wasn't given credit for killing either of them in the battle reports.  He was just part of the battles.  ;)

For those given credit in the battle, VonGarrett Anderbliss slew the first Daimon named Kree.
And Marzo Zond killed the second Daimon named Kree.  I THINK those were during the Fourth Invasion, though I could be wrong.

Also, for unique items linked to the Daimons, I would include the Screeching Ring of Daishi Souls.  Jactosh said he made it of Daishi Souls and it was used to help kill him, along with portal stones, and another artifact.  I THINK that was the Fifth Invasion.  Could be Sixth.

I might also request that Yao Ling Pryde be listed under the "special humans" category.  She touched the energy barrier created by the Screeching Ring of Daishi Souls and it reversed her age, giving her a new youth.  This was around the time that the devs removed the age coding from the game, and that was my RP reason for how she started getting full hours again.  ;)  Also, even the individuals running the RP had the energy barrier first vaporize her hand and then regrow it immediately afterwards...so...not entirely just me making stuff up.  Hehehe.  I still RP her as looking VERY young...which considering she's one of the very few nobles on BT who has been here since the THIRD Invasion makes here...ahem...rare.  ;)

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Screeching_Ring_of_Daishi_Souls
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Long-Lost_Sword_of_Flame

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #6: October 18, 2018, 05:34:49 PM »
Sweet thanks! I'll update that shortly, although if Regstave wasn't technically credited for the kill via game mechanics, I wouldn't wnat to add him to the list of acknowledged daimonslayers.

Yao Ling, on the other hand, definitely deserves to be placed in the special persons category for her knowledge and experience. Idk if any of the other daishi could contribute to this list, but if you'd pass along an OOC, I'd appreciate any input.

Atm IG, Rania is still unnconscious (bc I got swamped IRL) but when she wakes up, she'll be sending a copy of this IG to YLP for help.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 18, 2018, 11:26:25 PM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Unger

Also some info there about daimons who died and those who killed them.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 19, 2018, 02:02:02 AM »
Rathan Himoura and Grathe Geg, unknown to virtually everyone, worked for the Daimon Vates. They were given tasks to start religiona, but wound up with new tasks when that didn't work. Rathan got Vates to make Volcano Nightscree erupt once.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #9: October 19, 2018, 03:26:08 PM »
Rathan Himoura and Grathe Geg, unknown to virtually everyone, worked for the Daimon Vates. They were given tasks to start religiona, but wound up with new tasks when that didn't work. Rathan got Vates to make Volcano Nightscree erupt once.

So they were both Dwilight right? Do you recall which realms they served at the time?

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 20, 2018, 12:49:05 PM »
Dwilight yes. Rathan was in Everguard when he first made contact, but then moved to D'hara. Grathe escapes me.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #11: October 22, 2018, 09:00:11 PM »
I don't suppose you happen to have any insight or records into the most effective means of engaging daimonic units in battle? I'm sure someone somewhere has notes.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: October 22, 2018, 09:11:43 PM »
Bring massive, overwhelming force.

Or just run. That's good, too.

;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #13: October 22, 2018, 10:38:31 PM »
So just wait for the monster spawns to do the job for us?  ;D

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: October 23, 2018, 12:10:05 AM »
I don't suppose you happen to have any insight or records into the most effective means of engaging daimonic units in battle? I'm sure someone somewhere has notes.

Me, divulge the means with which to fight Daimons? The only anti-daimon characters I played... Never had contact with the Daimons.