Author Topic: The Daimonomicon  (Read 9998 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Daimonomicon
« Reply #15: October 23, 2018, 12:21:14 AM »
I don't suppose you happen to have any insight or records into the most effective means of engaging daimonic units in battle? I'm sure someone somewhere has notes.

Drive them to your enemies and let them kill each other. Conserve your resources for the end of the invasion.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 23, 2018, 08:16:33 AM »
Scrolls and magical artifacts.
Lots and lots of both.
Also...overwhelming numbers of troops.  Like a hundred to one...minimal.  I've seen thousand to one odds go bad for the humans.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 23, 2018, 09:45:28 AM »
The worse thing about the daimons is probably their ability to fly and shoot what ever it is they shoot with from range 5+.
Think your better off fighting behind massive walls?
The daimons just fly over them (walls have no effect)

Trying to draw the ranged daimons to come closer by deploying in the back?
They shoot from more then 5 ranges and move forward like a cavalry unit, including with a charge.

Then you finally kill one of their leaders just to find this leader showing up on the other side of the continent all good and well again.

Or what about them pesky spellcaster daimons like Akkan?
They travel without unit and you actually think you can catch them off guard.
Then you find daimon leaders like Akkan teleporting on the last moment right after summoning a massive rogue army.
He also used this to attack, suddenly appearing in your capital with summoned daimons and rogues.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 23, 2018, 12:24:20 PM »
I don't suppose you happen to have any insight or records into the most effective means of engaging daimonic units in battle? I'm sure someone somewhere has notes.

Now my memory is rusty, and the battle reports I remember are nearly 10 years old from the Third and Fourth Invasions. I never had a chance to test it out, but I suspect that heavy cavalry opening might be the way to go, with a couple of fodder infantry units protecting archers. Daimons are range 5, and cavalry have a bonus defense against arrows. Maximize your cav, engage in close combat asap, and cross your fingers that your charge is good enough. You'll lose the cavalry, but do a good deal of damage while you're at it.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: October 23, 2018, 01:48:04 PM »
I'm pretty sure there are many daimon unit types.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 23, 2018, 03:34:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure there are many daimon unit types.

All unit types in the game are completely visible and un-obfuscated.

At least right now.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #21: October 23, 2018, 07:16:22 PM »
If you feel like any of your living characters have tidbits to add to the daimonomican, I'd like to do more in-game gathering of information. Ideally, I'd like to post recollections or maybe recently rediscovered excerpts of your family's history in invasions? I'll RP them as missives directed to my character IG and your family will be credited with the contribution of knowledge on the wiki.

Thanks!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 23, 2018, 07:19:09 PM »
All unit types in the game are completely visible and un-obfuscated.

At least right now.

Haven't played in the last invasion(s), but I distinctively recall a multitude of daimon "unit types", some being more like R5 SF, some more like cavalry, and so on.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #23: October 23, 2018, 11:18:04 PM »
I found a record of the "types" when i initially put the page together. However, the names/types seem to change with each invasion so what I have is an older, and therefore incomplete, list.

I like the idea of Cavalry being most effective against daimons, if that assertion is true. Lots of room their for Paladin/Crusader Rp  ;D
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: October 29, 2018, 06:24:55 PM »

So they were both Dwilight right? Do you recall which realms they served at the time?

I was in Caerwyn at the time I believe and a priest of the Element religion that was popular in the realm. This was before we started a colony in Echiur that would become Asylon.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: November 01, 2018, 01:40:39 AM »
Dwilight yes. Rathan was in Everguard when he first made contact, but then moved to D'hara. Grathe escapes me.

Graethe was part of Asylon but I think he was in Terran when he got the jobs from the Daimons, I knew about this for a long time and Glaumring was helping him with his task, but this is sooooo long ago I barely remember the details. So much has been lost over the years.

After the fall of Melodia, or Shadovar Glaumring left to Terran and then after Terran he travelled to the Zuma lands to see what was there , I was merely imprisoned and left when I escaped , afterwards I went to Virovene and served there until it fell and then by happenstance and pure luck founded Thulsoma... omg this was near  decade ago rl
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:43:13 AM by Glaumring the Fox »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: November 01, 2018, 01:16:52 PM »
Dwilight opened in January 2008, over a decade ago IRL. :P

Events of 10 years ago:

Year 4

(September 21, 2008 to December 21, 2008) - Slightly longer year than normal due to intervention by the gods
Summer

(September 21, 2008 to October 12, 2008)

2008-09-21 Pian en Luries - Giask revolts and declares independence.
    2008-09-21 Everguard - Fisc Arylon, a noble of Everguard, founded the religion of Torenism in the region of Ygg d'Razhuul.
    2008-09-24 Grand Duchy of Fissoa - Samuel Quasath, a noble of the Grand Duchy of Fissoa, has founded the religion of Nomudou in the region of Libba.
    2008-09-26 Pian en Luries - Giask recaptured.
    2008-10-01 Morek - City of Ãœnterstrom taken over.

Autumn

(October 13, 2008 to November 7, 2008) - Slightly longer season than normal due to intervention by the gods

2008-10-13 D'Hara - City of Port Nebel taken over.
    2008-10-15 Shadovar - The last region of Shadovar, Nebel, switches allegiance to D'Hara. Shadovar is lost.
    2008-10-15 Pian en Luries - The new religion of the Order of St. Iestyn is founded by Sir Drystan Bellator.
    2008-10-15 Ordo Concilium - Religion destroyed when their last temple was demolished.
    2008-10-17 D'Hara - The new religion of The Way of the Dragons is founded.
    2008-10-18 Morek - City of Ãœnterstrom revolts and declares independence.
    2008-10-20 D'Hara - City of Paisly taken over.
    2008-10-24 Caerwyn - Sir Atwin Derhem forms the religion of Verdis Elementum in Dunnbrook.
    2008-10-28 Morek - Tournament held in Donghaiwei, Charlotte Grancourt wins the swordfighting and Kazm Kybar wins the jousting.
    2008-10-28? D'Hara - City of Paisly revolts and declares independence.

;D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 04:38:47 PM by Chenier »