Author Topic: Brainstorming: Email reminders/browser notifications  (Read 3632 times)

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
Title: Email reminders/browser notifications

Summary: Adding a few email notifications for big things, and browser notifications for more regular things (especially interesting for people who play on phone). Pick some: turn change!, participated in battle, received a duel challenge or a unique item offer, liege paused/quit, new referendum to vote in, new knight joined your region, marshal updated standing orders, or new order, maybe even "got letter from your /council member, liege, council member from other realms/" or "you have 13 unread letters from your realm, one of them is a private letter" (after a few days of not logging in), "realm X has declared war on your realm", stuff like that. Needs hashing out, if the discussion is positive, I'd love to get into more detail.

Details: This kind of alert, I believe could be really useful to improve new player retention. The email notifications from Might&Fealty keep bringing me back. Please don't shut it down as annoying right off the bat - if default setting has only a few notifications activated, and then you can go in and activate more, it can be quite customizable, per character, even. Some will have notifications activated for all messages, some only message groups, some only private messages, some only orders, some only character events, some only realm-wide events, some only actions you need to respond to (duel challenge, elections).

Benefits: This kind of alert, I believe could be really useful to improve new player retention, and help keep people engaged.

Possible Downsides/Exploits: Some people might abuse your notifications if they know you have them (like sending orders or PMs for instance), but this is already the case for players who are quickplaying...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 04:17:11 PM by Vita »
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.