Author Topic: Colonial Master!  (Read 21843 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Colonial Master!
« Reply #15: October 27, 2018, 04:12:40 PM »
Here is what I think.

Devs: We want realms with higher density
-1 region with 5 nobles is more dense than 5 regions with 10 nobles but will 1 region with 5 nobles be more active than a realm with 5 regions with 10 nobles?
-10 realms with 10 nobles each won't be as active as 5 realms with 20 nobles each. More people in a realm makes it more active. Look at all these small realms with handful of nobles on Dwilight. They are inactive and they mostly only see red letters.

I don't think the perpetual growth model is bad. If you think a realm can grow forever, you are thinking this wrong. Do you really expect a realm that is mega large will manage to stay in one piece? More people you have, more conflicts you need to deal with in order to stay together. Realms will fracture if they fail to solve their conflicts thus naturally creating more smaller realms.

Devs don't want one realm unifying the whole continent because the game was never meant to be like that. But to conquer the entire continent, you need to have a system that can deal with internal issues. With some players looking to always cause chaos, good luck maintaining one contiguous empire.

Also, with BM's capital oriented system, you can't defend your border effectively when you grow too large. Even if you allow people to grow their realm without any limit, they will naturally run into their growth limit. There are roughly 250 regions on Dwilight and even back when realms could grow to 35 regions they mostly held those regions without lords. I think simply implementing some penalties for not having a lord in a region for longer than a week should be enough. Or maybe with Tim's hinterlands idea, it will all be changed.