Author Topic: Colonial Master!  (Read 22253 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Colonial Master!
« Reply #15: November 06, 2018, 09:52:26 PM »
Sorry for that wall of text... that said, I can't help myself from wondering: how fun was Riombara, after Enweil was no longer around to stifle it? Enweil died in April 2014. Rio died in July 2016. That's 2 years and 3 months without Enweil to stiffle it. Without talking about how Enweil hasn't been a meaningful power since at least 2011, with the death of at least 27 nobles and the blighting of Ete, Enweilieos, and Fengen. Some of that even being in 2010 I think.

I've not played much in Rio, but to my eyes, it always seemed like a huge part of Rio's identity was about opposing Enweil. The other was their republican government and laws. Yet after fighting Enweil for over a decade, when they finally won... soon after they turned into a monarchy, and then were destroyed. And nobody ever attempted to remake it.

Note the very important part - to your eyes. This reminds me of Arcaea and other big successful realms, hell it reminds me of how everyone feels about my own realm in M&F right now. It is fun being part of the big winning team. It is generally less fun for everyone else, particularly when you are the target of the big team. This is only really a problem though once the imbalance becomes too large, particularly with the design of BM.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.