Author Topic: Colonial Master!  (Read 22181 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Colonial Master!
« Reply #30: November 07, 2018, 05:13:37 PM »
From my understanding the CE/Tara alliance was terrible for AT. But I stand by the statement that they are but one example of large, and probably one of the only ones to have results of that kind. Even the other successful nations, like Arcaea... I don't think anyone else really managed to gridlock their continents and force peace. I remember loathing EC and it having many political problems, but I'm not overly familiar with its history. It seems to have had war for most of its history, though, even if it was maybe a repetitive one.

I don't think re-toggling the possibility for larger nations, at at least what they were before, would decrease warfare or fun. I think the opposite, actually. Keep the density limits on lordships, with the hinterlands coming in to yield a 50% gold income (like estateless regions) and no infrastructure bonus (can't recruit scouts, doesn't provide recruits, etc.), and then the trend would be for fewer, larger realms, where there is more competition for titles, more incentives for border disputes, and greater means to wage actual wars.

Dwi and BT could have great benefits from this. EC, I wouldn't expect any changes in the short term. Colonies either, but I'm less familiar with it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron