Author Topic: Colonial Master!  (Read 22192 times)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Colonial Master!
« Reply #30: November 10, 2018, 01:21:03 PM »
I also believe that the excess spawning of rogues was also set into place to encourage this same density and interaction.
From what I have seen, the excess spawning of monsters has had the opposite effect.  It has broken apart realms into smaller areas leaving little chance for interaction between realms.  One can not leave their realm undefended so that they can travel through many rogue occupied regions with their entire army to either assist their allies or to wage war on their enemies.  The goals of the devs may be laudable, but the path they follow to obtain those goals is, in my opinion, questionable.

It's certainly had that effect on Ar Agyr. We went from being a realm which regularly engaged across the continent and was developing an active maritime culture to one that's now hobbled to the regions bordering our capital because of the constant onslaught of rogues. We have 11 nobles, 8 adventurers, 4 regions, and a major monster migration route right in the heart of them.

I'm thankful that the majority of our players have stuck with the realm under these conditions because it's not clear to me this situation is fun for anyone (I'm notoriously stubborn about keeping realms alive but even I don't enjoy fighting the same battles every turn with only an occasional sense of progress).