Author Topic: Colonial Master!  (Read 22115 times)

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Colonial Master!
« Reply #75: December 27, 2018, 02:23:42 AM »
Limit alliances to no greater than 1/3rd total regions

People will always find ways around hard limitations such as that. You might as well say, make sure every realm can only have 1 or 2 alliances. Any limitations of that sort would just lead to creative work arounds. For example, having an informal block of 4 realms (e.g.) with realms 1 and 2 as allies, and then realms 3 and 4 as allies, with the armies of all 4 rotating in and out of the theatre of war or attacking from different sides.

Artificial limitations to diplomacy don't really work very well.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 02:26:45 AM by Foxglove »

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: December 27, 2018, 03:50:13 AM »
At the moment, your ally's regions count toward 1/3 of your region count.

Which is a very nice limitation. If you want to defend yourself, there is no downside. But if you want to expand, you can sever ties with your allies to do so.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 10:31:38 AM by Zakky »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: December 27, 2018, 04:02:12 AM »
I'm sorry, but I can't help but read that as "limit alliances to the size of my own alliance bloc". Lurian bloc members demanding a limit of 33% when their own bloc forms almost exactly 33% rings obnoxious to me, doubly so given they were what caused these alliance blocs to begin with.

Sorry, Chenier, this proposal's been on the table since long before the current Dwilight status.

If there's any particular situation that prompted it, it's the Cagilan bloc on Atamara.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan