Author Topic: Serious Question: What is with the crybaby mentality?  (Read 7492 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
I am being completely serious here. Lately in BattleMaster, I have been noticing a TON of crybaby antics when things don't go a players way, or when adverse events happen to a player.

It is honestly ruining the game for me. Should every realm just sit comfortably, just battling back and forth over one "war" region? This is a political simulator!! Realms die! Conspiracies are made! People play straight shooting characters, people play psychopaths, people play liars!

But instead of what I would expect to hear like "Hot damn, that guy really got one over on me! I am definitely going to get him back!" I hear a bunch of "Abuse! POWERGAMING! OOC OOC OOC! YOU ARE RUING THE FUN OF THE GAME!" What fun? Yeah man, it is super fun letting you sit as ruler, not interacting with the realm at all. My bad.

Get real. I am spurred to write this because today a player accused me of powergaming. Me. I publicly have state that I don't go on Discord for that very reason. I only engage in discussions on the forum about either game mechanics, or events in the past. I don't play here. I don't conspire, or manipulate. I do that all IG, and IC. And yet, I am still accused of this. Weak.

I don't know. Maybe it is just a reflection of society. And I understand, this a rant and I don't have any solution. I am sorry for that.

I just really don't know how much longer I will play this game if whiners and crybabies keep trying to take the "shake it up" fun out of the game. I didn't come here to play PeaceMaster, and I am not interested in just clicking orders for my unit twice a day. I came here for the player and character interaction.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.