BattleMaster > BM General Discussion

Serious Question: What is with the crybaby mentality?

(1/4) > >>

Gildre:
I am being completely serious here. Lately in BattleMaster, I have been noticing a TON of crybaby antics when things don't go a players way, or when adverse events happen to a player.

It is honestly ruining the game for me. Should every realm just sit comfortably, just battling back and forth over one "war" region? This is a political simulator!! Realms die! Conspiracies are made! People play straight shooting characters, people play psychopaths, people play liars!

But instead of what I would expect to hear like "Hot damn, that guy really got one over on me! I am definitely going to get him back!" I hear a bunch of "Abuse! POWERGAMING! OOC OOC OOC! YOU ARE RUING THE FUN OF THE GAME!" What fun? Yeah man, it is super fun letting you sit as ruler, not interacting with the realm at all. My bad.

Get real. I am spurred to write this because today a player accused me of powergaming. Me. I publicly have state that I don't go on Discord for that very reason. I only engage in discussions on the forum about either game mechanics, or events in the past. I don't play here. I don't conspire, or manipulate. I do that all IG, and IC. And yet, I am still accused of this. Weak.

I don't know. Maybe it is just a reflection of society. And I understand, this a rant and I don't have any solution. I am sorry for that.

I just really don't know how much longer I will play this game if whiners and crybabies keep trying to take the "shake it up" fun out of the game. I didn't come here to play PeaceMaster, and I am not interested in just clicking orders for my unit twice a day. I came here for the player and character interaction.

Nosferatus:
I can remember stuff like that happening way back, babies cry.
But then again maybe you are seeing a pattern here, but maybe that pastern exceeds bm it's self.
Western society has been overprotecting their babies creating a fear culture and over cuddling.
Everybody needs to be protected from everything these days.
The internet is beeing censored more and more and people get offended by something that was lame back in the days.
Almost every subject is offensive, especially if it's a joke.
Kids dont learn to deal with danger, bullying or any kind of black swan situation themselves, they'd rather choose not to see it and instead stay in their safe SM friend network bubble.
I agree with the points your making, but i think it might be a bigger problem then a BM problem.

Gildre:
I 100% agree with you that it is a societal problem. No doubt about it, and it keeps getting worse.

I just think it shouldn't be a BattleMaster problem. And I fear that Dev or Admin interaction is going to go up in these cases out of fear of losing players from our already low player base.

This game should be hard knocks.

MTYL:
@Gildre

I 100% agree with you about everything. I just never brought it up myself because I've learnt my lesson the last time around - stuff's getting pretty damn toxic pretty quickly when you go to discuss stuff OOC (ie on the forums).

Battlemaster was never supposed to be Player vs Player but rather Character vs Character. Playing as if with a bunch of friends is one of the first rules of BM that is communicated to new players. And yet people still do !@#$ty things, carry grudges, bring IC stuff OOC or OOC stuff IC, form cliques and circles, keep track of people they like and dislike (as people and players, not as the characters they play).

I still find plenty of really good players, players I really enjoy playing with and that keeps me around. But the vicious, whiny assbutt factor is certainly annoying.

Oh and accusing Gildre of powergaming is like accusing eunuch of promiscuity. Unless done for comedic reasons it's absurdly dumb. Hang in there bro.

Gildre:
It is honestly ridiculous. You are right, as soon as the grey OOC messages start flying people get toxic. It is brutal.

Thanks for the support! I love this game because I don't know what is going to happen next. It is entirely player driven. I once had another player OOC warn me of a potential rebellion, and it pissed me off a lot. I don't want to know! If I can't figure it out IC, then they are doing a good job of conspiring! If they pull it off, then I have to deal with it, roll with the punches.

That is why I fell in love with BM. People seem to think they can "win" the game by getting to ruler and sitting there forever. We should all embrace change, recognize our own faults, and enjoy the fluidity of the game. Sometimes you are on top of the world, other times you are in the garbage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version