Author Topic: Rejected: In game IC chat  (Read 4477 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Rejected: In game IC chat
« Topic Start: November 12, 2018, 02:13:21 PM »
Make an IC channel in a discord server for roleplaying purposes, where people can chat IC in a setting previously agreed on, then paste the whole thing in an RP message and post in game? It doesn't address any of the issues I would want to fix with IC chat, but, still seems slightly borderline so I thought I'd ask.

I encourage this sort of thing. It makes roleplays with multiple people much smoother than the slow and disjointed way they happen in-game, while still having the whole thing entirely in-character and entirely accessible to everyone in the realm (once it's posted in an in-game message). I've done this many times over IRC (many years ago, sadly).

As for the rest, I am still very firm on the in-game message system remaining the only form of in-character communication.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 02:14:53 PM by Anaris »
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan