Author Topic: the rise of the cult of Bloodmoon...  (Read 6924 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: the rise of the cult of Bloodmoon...
« Topic Start: November 02, 2018, 12:45:05 PM »
Yeah we rp’d that we crossed the Ravielian palm with a more hardy plant in the north, so they are different species, the ravelian palms fruit were small like acorns, Thulsoman hybrids were large like egg plants and they were the ones transported to Asylon, the Orchard is Vakreno heaps was where the golden age of breeding occured for a prolonged amount if time and the fruit was said to be as large as pumpkins plump orbs hanging low on the trees.

Do you think you could update the Bloodmoon wiki? Include what species there were (such as the two described), what set them apart, where they were from, and what's left on the initial settlements. Also know locations or potential locations of surviving wild populations or orchards? Are the different species easy to cross? How many varieties were grown? Were they clonal orchards with a handful of cultivars, or were they grown by seeds, like some more exotic fruits in poorer countries still are? Other than fruit size, what else sets the species and hybrids apart? Etc.

I can and have contributed to the page, but my characters haven't really been involved in any of that for ages, and even then it was only a tiny bit, bloodmoon wine was a luxury product, but little more.

@Vita - I cannot speak for other realms of course, but if I recall Asylon was always fairly rich with activity until after the exodus and being denied a settlement in the East. Asylon may have been the exception at that time.

I think Vita isn't talking about when the West was closed, but rather when it was re-opened, but before all the tweaks that made the monsters hammer the eastern realms. I'd say there was over a year between these two periods. Westgard, D'Hara, and Madina soaked up a ton of invasions due to easterners' lack of density before the monsters were coded to swim and better target low density realms. But during that time, the eastern realms did nothing. At most, a few of them came west, some to help Westgard a bit, but mostly really just to loot and just get rich.

Early Dwi was awesome. IMO, it peaked in 2013. But the game isn't the same, the culture has evolved. I see a few of us oldies are now interested in bringing back some of the "good stuff" from long forgotten times, but we do have to keep in mind we are a minority, and most players don't care, or at least don't have the energy/motivation anymore.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron