Author Topic: Whats Going on with Portal Stones  (Read 7173 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Whats Going on with Portal Stones
« Topic Start: November 18, 2018, 12:59:12 AM »
On a minor technical point it would be useful if the portal stone failure/death message went to all in the region rather than just the individual.  In the middle of an attempted collective RP those remaining had to wait a couple of days to figure out what was going on from a supposed crucial moment.

An excellent thought. I will make a note to add this (or ask another dev to do so).

An unintended consequence of the portal stones changes might create an opposite incentive to what seems to be being encourage.  Namely, if you do find a few portal stones you effectively start an arms race.  If you do not use them and someone else activates a portal, the implication of the last event was you would lose half of them.  Or was that element a one off?

No, that was part of the big event, and we did it manually. It's not something I expect to be doing again.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan