Author Topic: We should prioritize additions to the "knight game"  (Read 2028 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Knights are important. They're the foundation of the game in a way, and they're the rank at which new players enter the game. We need to make that experience unique and enjoyable enough to keep them around. If our intention is for player density to be a minimum of two knights per region but with a goal of three that means three quarters of all characters will be knights.

I understand the devs are busy and there are a million ideas floating around and changes that need to be made along with things that are broken that need fixing. Still I would highly encourage them to find some upgrades they can make for knights in the near future.

Two suggestions I had were allowing them to build a single shrine on their estate and creating a "unit discipline" system (although the later is not technically restricted to knights). I don't know coding but it seems to me these would be easier to implement than a lot of the more elaborate suggestions out there. Really just about any new feature would be an improvement.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
There's a thread on giving Stewards (Knights) more things to do besides arranging some food stuff.

Perhaps this is a good start.

Shrines currently are not bound to an estate, so we'd need to build that in. Extra work.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Wasn't something like upgrading your estates approved long ago? Or was it rejected?

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
There's a thread on giving Stewards (Knights) more things to do besides arranging some food stuff.

Perhaps this is a good start.

Shrines currently are not bound to an estate, so we'd need to build that in. Extra work.

I think I remember that one. Was the idea that more Lord abilities could be delegated so a knight could be a region's judge and things of that nature? That would be really cool. We could basically give each region a miniature realm government. The Steward, can manage resources, the Judge can hold court, and the "Warden" can hire or get rid of militia.

That gives me a thought. If we could make construction decisions open to stewards they could have the power to build temples and guilds which would serve the same purpose as the shrine idea.