Author Topic: The So Called Prophet Severina  (Read 9866 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The So Called Prophet Severina
« Topic Start: November 25, 2018, 02:16:30 AM »
True it's not easy to get people to accept submission to a higher authority, however I honestly think if that doesn't happen SA is done for. Right now it's almost exclusively devoted to in-fighting. It's impossible to mobilize anyone for anything. We run SA like a representative republic which is not a way any religion I can think of has ever been run.

If the church wont adopt Severina I'm more than happy to try and start a new religion with her. I had decent success turning the Church of Aaron into a respectably sized religion and that was while contending with the active hostility first of Path of the Paragons and then of Trinitism. I predict the old church will not put up any meaningful resistance to her because like I said it's almost impossible to mobilize them for any purpose. Under those circumstances I think no small number of SA nobles will end up joining "Severan Astroism".

With all due Respect, Church of Aaron is a small hollow religion that has a few followers in a few realms, but I don't see anyone there making any sacrifice for the religion. Almost no one there ever replies to any "to faith" messages.

Also, the old church has a few rabble rousers, like Turin. He's not very good at stamping out heresy or picking the right sides (you'll notice he's in Tol Goldora now), but he can still get the official view status changed to evil. ;)

That said, I have no stake in any of this. Good luck, and great if you pull it off. I just wouldn't evaluate your odds as being very high.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron