Gold Sea Conflict
4 (66.7%)
Gold Sea War
0 (0%)
War of No Name
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 06, 2018, 01:27:53 PM

Author Topic: Tol Goldora vs Westgard War Name  (Read 17766 times)

Abstract

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Tol Goldora vs Westgard War Name
« Topic Start: November 23, 2018, 09:08:08 PM »
Looking to name the war that has started between Tol Goldora and Westgard. I have made the poll with the two suggestions so far that will last 3 days. Assuming there are going to be new names this is just a preliminary poll to gather potential names. After 3 days if there doesn't seem to be a majority consensus then a new poll, with a longer time, will be made to cover the suggestions.

The Goldoran-Westardian War (or conflict?) is just a name based off the two primary participants. The War of the Proclamation of Tol Goldora is named after the Proclamation of Golden Farrow by Umerith Stromhar of Tol Goldora.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/The_Golden_Farrow_Proclamation

The basic situation, as I understand, is this: Westgard says they have a claim on Golden Farrow, Tol Goldora says no way Jose, Westgard declares war while they have an army in Golden Farrow, Luria Ferrata joins the war on the side of Tol Goldora.

Although the timeline of Dwilight hasn't been updated it is currently Spring of Year 46 and about to be Summer of Year 47.

As for the why of naming the war here is my long term plan. The island pages on the wiki will have a section for wars added. This will contain a list of more neutral pages on the wars. The neutral pages will have a general timeline of events for the war along with a summary of the claims of both sides. The claims of both sides will be accompanied with a link to the more propaganda page that the realms can make. For instance, if Westgard wanted to name this war and present their telling of the war the page would be "Westgard/End of Barbarism" as Chenier is currently calling it. The "/End of Barbarism" page would be anything Westgard wants to say about the war. On the flip-side, Tol Goldora could name the war anything they wanted on a page called Tol Goldora/War_Name.

The purpose of this is to try to add some more flavor to the game. The poll is for the general use name for the war, not the war page of a single realm.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Tol Goldora vs Westgard War Name
« Reply #1: November 23, 2018, 11:08:09 PM »
Stand Against Barbarism.

Don't worry, it'll be on the wiki soon.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 24, 2018, 12:39:08 AM »
Stand Against Barbarism.

Don't worry, it'll be on the wiki soon.

Sounds like a good title. Fight those western savages called Westgardians.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 24, 2018, 02:12:38 AM »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 24, 2018, 02:32:14 AM »
The Gold Sea War
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 08:14:02 PM by pcw27 »

Abstract

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 25, 2018, 12:18:31 AM »
The Gold Sea War

The Gold Sea War or a variant of this could work. "Coast" instead of "Sea" and/or "Conflict" instead of "War".

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 25, 2018, 12:33:32 AM »
Westgardian Invasion!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 25, 2018, 01:05:22 AM »
Arrows Strangely Getting What They Deserve

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 25, 2018, 01:18:21 AM »
'The War Of No Name'
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 25, 2018, 01:36:25 AM »
The Unnamed War That Wasn't Really a War

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 25, 2018, 01:57:47 AM »
The Gold Sea War or a variant of this could work. "Coast" instead of "Sea" and/or "Conflict" instead of "War".

This was actually originally "Coast" until I double checked and realized it was actually supposed to be "sea".

So iterations:

Gold Coast War

Gold Sea Invasion

Gold Coast Invasion

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 25, 2018, 02:12:41 AM »
"Doing What The Lurians Always Failed To Achieve"

"How Easterners Are So Slow At Getting Their War That The PvE Realm Beat Them To It"

Because, I mean, seriously. TG pissed us off, within weeks we discussed the issue, voted, rallied the army, and kicked them out. Morek has been moaning about Arnor for how long now...?

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: November 25, 2018, 02:51:47 AM »
"Doing What The Lurians Always Failed To Achieve"

"How Easterners Are So Slow At Getting Their War That The PvE Realm Beat Them To It"

Because, I mean, seriously. TG pissed us off, within weeks we discussed the issue, voted, rallied the army, and kicked them out. Morek has been moaning about Arnor for how long now...?

That's because Arnor could wipe the floor with Morek. They keep whining that Arnor is somehow oppressing them and preparing to aggress on them (which still hasn't happened) in hopes of swindling a more powerful realm into supporting them which so far none are stupid enough to do.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 25, 2018, 02:54:24 AM »
Morek has 21K CS vs 27k CS for Arnor.

Sure, a significant disadvantage... but Morek has more active characters. And that's total CS, not mobile CS. From what I heard, their mobile forces were similar?

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: November 25, 2018, 03:00:56 AM »
Morek has 21K CS vs 27k CS for Arnor.

Sure, a significant disadvantage... but Morek has more active characters. And that's total CS, not mobile CS. From what I heard, their mobile forces were similar?

But then Avernus adds another 28,000 and though that's offset by Swordfell, Swordfell is so distant they'd only be able to help intermittently while Avernus's capital is a few days away from Morek's.

Before I left Morek's general laid out how screwed we'd be in a direct confrontation. That's half the reason I joined Goldora. I'll take a meaningful active war over a pointless hypothetical one any day.