Gold Sea Conflict
4 (66.7%)
Gold Sea War
0 (0%)
War of No Name
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 06, 2018, 01:27:53 PM

Author Topic: Tol Goldora vs Westgard War Name  (Read 17742 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Tol Goldora vs Westgard War Name
« Reply #30: November 28, 2018, 04:30:28 AM »
The Unnamed War That Wasn't Really a War
An Effortless War

Morek has 21K CS vs 27k CS for Arnor.

Sure, a significant disadvantage... but Morek has more active characters. And that's total CS, not mobile CS. From what I heard, their mobile forces were similar?
But then Avernus adds another 28,000 and though that's offset by Swordfell, Swordfell is so distant they'd only be able to help intermittently while Avernus's capital is a few days away from Morek's.

Before I left Morek's general laid out how screwed we'd be in a direct confrontation. That's half the reason I joined Goldora. I'll take a meaningful active war over a pointless hypothetical one any day.
Bad Avernus. Spoil the fun in the north.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: November 28, 2018, 06:02:10 AM »
Westgard didn't go out in search of people to attack. People needing attacked presented themselves just outside it's borders, lol

They're very far outside of Westguard's borders, they just happen to be connected by ferry lane.

Fuor Family

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: November 28, 2018, 11:55:17 AM »
Check a map? You must have missed Westgard's mentions of Knyazes and the fact that Golden Farrow, a new realm's capital, is a mere two regions away from our borders. Anyone who's been paying attention will have noticed, by virtue of our land acquisitions, that Westgard's armies range over hundreds of miles. Golden Farrow was one of the next goals after Knyazes in part to alleviate 'too far from realm' issues with our army movements to the south. As I understand, Selena even mentioned our intention to take the city to the other generals only a few weeks before TG took it.

As far as many of us in Westgard are concerned, TG is a direct assault upon it's sovereignty. A new realm established itself in a city we'd announced intent to take, with their capital a mere two regions from our current borders, and sharing a ferry lane. Particularly when said realm is self-described as a raiding realm, that's very understandably concerning to a neighbor.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 11:59:57 AM by Fuor Family »

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: November 28, 2018, 01:37:08 PM »
Bad Avernus. Spoil the fun in the north.

No, you spoil the fun! :-[
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: November 28, 2018, 05:18:30 PM »
Check a map? You must have missed Westgard's mentions of Knyazes and the fact that Golden Farrow, a new realm's capital, is a mere two regions away from our borders. Anyone who's been paying attention will have noticed, by virtue of our land acquisitions, that Westgard's armies range over hundreds of miles. Golden Farrow was one of the next goals after Knyazes in part to alleviate 'too far from realm' issues with our army movements to the south. As I understand, Selena even mentioned our intention to take the city to the other generals only a few weeks before TG took it.

As far as many of us in Westgard are concerned, TG is a direct assault upon it's sovereignty. A new realm established itself in a city we'd announced intent to take, with their capital a mere two regions from our current borders, and sharing a ferry lane. Particularly when said realm is self-described as a raiding realm, that's very understandably concerning to a neighbor.

They were obviously never even a remote threat to you as proven by the simple fact that you took their capital with little resistance.

The distance from realm penalty isn't what it used to be. I made it all the way from D'Hara to Darfix with no problem simply because we were allied with Astrum.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: November 28, 2018, 05:45:25 PM »
Even the most noxious weeds are weak and fragile when seedlings. Doesn't make them any less noxious.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Fuor Family

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: November 29, 2018, 01:07:00 PM »
Distance from realm penalty causes more problems for a large army out for an extended period of time than a single individual or small group.

Also, it wasn't about the threat they were now, but what they threatened to become. A raiding realm built directly on our borders without even a hint of discussion beforehand says we're facing a realm with no interest in cooperation or collaboration. And regardless of their status as 'threat' or not, that still ignores the incredibly important fact that Westgard relies upon those rogue lands for it's economy. Keeping a mobile monster-fighting army mobile isn't cheap. TG looting in those lands would cause peasant uprisings which are costly on many levels, and bring them into inevitable conflict with Westgard simply due to their proximity. Their *capital* was right on our borders. That puts us at obvious odds regarding expansion, and TG would no doubt intend to expand.

Abstract

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: November 29, 2018, 01:32:17 PM »
Updated the poll, after the poll closes (7 days) I'll make the page with: a short summary of the war, a link to the Westgard version of the war, and timeline of events so far.

Abstract

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: December 07, 2018, 03:48:43 AM »
Page created:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Gold_Sea_Conflict

It isn't a final product but it is something for right now. I put the timeline of events that I have access to. The timeline format needs to be changed and an actual summary put at the top. Alas, I have about ten things to do in-game right now so I'm not going to do everything right now. If anyone wants to add to it or change it, go ahead. There is at least something started for others to add to.  :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: December 07, 2018, 06:02:31 PM »
Distance from realm penalty causes more problems for a large army out for an extended period of time than a single individual or small group.

Also, it wasn't about the threat they were now, but what they threatened to become. A raiding realm built directly on our borders without even a hint of discussion beforehand says we're facing a realm with no interest in cooperation or collaboration. And regardless of their status as 'threat' or not, that still ignores the incredibly important fact that Westgard relies upon those rogue lands for it's economy. Keeping a mobile monster-fighting army mobile isn't cheap. TG looting in those lands would cause peasant uprisings which are costly on many levels, and bring them into inevitable conflict with Westgard simply due to their proximity. Their *capital* was right on our borders. That puts us at obvious odds regarding expansion, and TG would no doubt intend to expand.

Case in point, Tol Goldora is tied for second most populous realm, after Westgard.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron