Author Topic: Rejected: Bring back old age penalties  (Read 1626 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Bring back old age penalties
« Topic Start: December 20, 2018, 07:08:15 AM »
I did end up deleting a character because of this age code.

I had lost my unit in battle one region outside my nation.  One region from the capital.  The trip to get back to the capital took me something like a week to move from one region to the next one and cost me most of my gold.

Random bandits would rob me, scratch me, the scratch got infected, and I would spend the next two or three days in a coma.  I woke up, traveled a few hours, and got attacked by another bunch of bandits who stole more of my money, scratched me, sent me into a coma, and wake up two or three days later.

The age code made it impossible to play, so I deleted the character and created a new one with the same name, in the same nation, and kept playing the same character.  Just with the storyline of the gods giving him new life.  Because I could.

Now here's the thing.  He was a HERO.  He didn't live long enough to be crippled by the age code because he sat back and never did anything.  he charged into battle and the bad guys just failed to kill him.  I TRIED to get him killed against overwhelming odds.  But they KEPT MISSING HIM.

So...I'm real glad the age code is gone.  It makes it much more fun to play.  :)