Author Topic: The State of Beluaterra: Time for an Invasion?  (Read 5683 times)

Abstract

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The State of Beluaterra: Time for an Invasion?
« Topic Start: December 27, 2018, 01:28:56 AM »
Considering we JUST got out of one invasion and are only now recovering and getting into a position where we can do some PVP again, I think now is a bad time to start another invasion.

According to the wiki, which Vita recently updated, the last invasion was technically over back in October of 2017. Which is just over a year ago and if one were to happen this very day it wouldn't even be the shortest period of peace in the history of the island. I understand the main point is the rogues have just now retreated. I agree with this and is part of my point in the main post as well. That an invasion to "decrease" the island size may not be needed because when left alone (i.e. now that the rogues have left) the realms could move towards each other. The realms of the north moving towards each other will lead to about 1.76 density of all nobles in those regions. All movement away from each other would decrease that density. It should be noted that this is a shallow analysis because it is doesn't take into consideration the realms individually and assumes zero rogue regions in the area. There might be, and probably is, some hindrance to PvP if you take into consideration the realms individually and the 1.7 takeover limit.

The main point that I wanted to convey is that occupying the entire island is not possible. The maximum amount of the island that can be occupied is 65.4%. Due to this, it is best to have the realms as close together as possible (i.e. "decrease" the island size). While it is possible for the admins to completely force this, I don't think it would be for the best. I think what would be the best is for the players themselves to think about what is best for the island/game and try to achieve that goal. What I suggested was, in essence, for the players to decide if such a move is for the best and the admins give assistance if the players agreed. That is why I brought up a referendum and then said: "What if they both disagree? Simply allow them to stay in the south." I also left the time frame ambiguous. If a shrinking of the island is deemed desirable in the future then this is a way that could achieve it.

The only use of force that I think the admins should consider right now, but not necessarily make, is surrounding the north to force them towards each other and maybe get rid of one "realm".

I was tired by the time I wrote the main post outlaying all of this and may have done a poor job expressing myself. If I implied something other than the above then it was not intentional.

I believe that it is time for Humanity to invade the Daimon's realm.
So, where do the Daimons come from and what does their world look like?
I picture their realm to look like BT, but in a much reduced size. 
(Devs can decide which regions exist in the Daimon realm.  Maybe even start with the "original full map" when deciding which regions are to exist in the Daimon realm?)

Honestly, while interesting in concept, sounds like something that would take a lot more time than it is worth.