Author Topic: Best kept secret in BM?  (Read 19963 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Best kept secret in BM?
« Reply #15: March 08, 2011, 05:07:51 PM »
Precisely. They do "evil" things for the laughs... In a way akin to trolls on the internet do things for the "lulz". I have no doubt at all it used to be glorious, in the early days, but my multiple experiences with it revealed to me a rather stale realm where nobody takes anything seriously, and where every "RP" is nothing but a series of absurdities.

Personally, that's the result I've seen in everyone professing themselves to be "evil". Though I personally find the concept of "good" and "evil" to be rather silly, evil just won't consider itself evil. Evil is the marginal. They are the ones who consider themselves to be pure, and everyone else is be inferior to them and that it is therefore alright to do whatever they want to them. The only kind of evil people who can work together are those with strong (if twisted) codes of ethics and morals, allowing them to bind themselves together in order to complete common aspirations. The result is then basically like every other realm.

Outer Tilog has changed a great deal from its early days.  At one time, it was a place where evil was daily bread.  Things were often amusing from an OOC perspective, due to RL references and such, but overall, it was played as an actually evil realm.

Since around the time of EricSP's rather spectacular self-destruction, it has turned into more of a "backwards land," or at least that's what it was like when I was last there.  Rather than "evil is what we do," it's more "bad is good," with "bad" not just meaning "evil" but also "incompetent."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Noble family

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 09, 2011, 05:00:54 AM »
One of the things that I enjoy most about the colonies is that there are a few realms that are very actively looking to bring everyone into the fun and 'important' positions which constantly changes the alliances and leads to a lot of change over in the scheming that goes on.  Quite fun to be sure.

egamma

« Reply #17: March 09, 2011, 06:46:55 AM »
One of the things that I enjoy most about the colonies is that there are a few realms that are very actively looking to bring everyone into the fun and 'important' positions which constantly changes the alliances and leads to a lot of change over in the scheming that goes on.  Quite fun to be sure.

As Chancellor of Giblot, I like to think that I do this--you'd have to ask the nobles how well I succeed, of course. I tend to give older players lordships, but I've appointed some newer players as Ambassadors, and given them meaningful work. Also appointed newer players to General/Marshal positions.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #18: March 09, 2011, 09:47:07 PM »
During my time in Lukon there wasn't exactly much action. Well, there was the part about annihilating Wetham, but other than that, nothing spectacular. One turn a day doesn't really fit my tastes I guess. I can see how it would work for some people who might have busy schedules though.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 09, 2011, 10:05:05 PM »
Dominic is right. Outer Tilog is not really an RP realm... just a place to joke around. If I were planning to join a seriously evil realm, I would want much deeper RP than what goes in Outer Tilog. I do apologize to any OT player I may have offended, but it is just a bit of fun. Not what I'd call an RP hotspot.

Which by the way I am planning to create an evil realm on Dwilight, a truly repressed realm.... yum..  ;)

Well, Outer Tilog is the place that sparked my creativity.  I had to find ways to roleplay someone who could not read or write letters, as literacy is forbidden.  I roleplayed this seriously.  The result was a character that was lots and lots of fun to play, specially when I took it to Beluaterra, to Riombara.  The result was a reflection on how the self-righteousness of Riombarans was actually more evil than Outer Tilogian naiveté.   I think I became a better roleplayer for having been there.

*sniff*

I miss Danira.  Damn Phoebe Anaris. 

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 15, 2011, 12:25:13 PM »
I love the colonies.

Yes, it's slow but that just makes it a bit more realistic IMHO*

There are two types of characters/players in the colonies..
1) The patient, intelligent and reserved who play the game like a 18th century game of chess by mail between kings.
2) The reprobates, troublemakers, assasins, rebels, misfits, duellists and schemers sent to the colonies as punishment.

This demographic often leads to trouble and fun.

* there is no such thing as an HO.

Very true. Until recently I was the Banker of Oritolon, and all I did with him was create conspiracies and cover his ass. He was part of a plot to create total anarchy across the continent (which sadly failed), was very patient with his goals, rarely took drastic action, used rebellions for personal gain, and tired to hire an assassin to take out the Duke of Oritolon, as well as place a 500 gold bounty on a realm mate.

I miss that character....

STiAle

• Freeman
  • Safe, Sane, Consensual
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: October 07, 2011, 06:20:45 AM »
I love the colonies.

Yes, it's slow but that just makes it a bit more realistic IMHO*

There are two types of characters/players in the colonies..
1) The patient, intelligent and reserved who play the game like a 18th century game of chess by mail between kings.
2) The reprobates, troublemakers, assasins, rebels, misfits, duellists and schemers sent to the colonies as punishment.

This demographic often leads to trouble and fun.

* there is no such thing as an HO.

Indeed,
Where else can you spend a 20+ hours polishing your latest dastardly scheme before springing in upon the others. Of course, most of my realm mates would figure out what I was after fairly quickly and put their own poison into the mix. Glorious fun!
No other word is better than the last word!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 19, 2011, 08:56:18 AM »
@Jeckyl, your Doctor character is really infamous in Oritolon. I think they may have forgotten about your stealing massive gold, which is only known by Oritolon nobles themselves. It is best kept secret eh?
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

egamma

« Reply #23: October 19, 2011, 08:44:43 PM »
@Jeckyl, your Doctor character is really infamous in Oritolon. I think they may have forgotten about your stealing massive gold, which is only known by Oritolon nobles themselves. It is best kept secret eh?

That's not a secret, I think everyone knows about that.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: October 20, 2011, 04:04:03 AM »
@Jeckyl, ban on sight eh? That is awfully shocking. You need make a good deal with the Devil type characters if you need to have a place to stay in Colonies then. Your conspiracy is too obvious with too much information leakage; i.e. the member you recruit to join the so-called secret organization ended up betraying you. Anyway that is past, your character family members ban on sight is just a threat unless some Judge really do it  :P Dont worry if your character family member end up in my character hand, we may be hostile to you for awhile, but then forgotten about it  ::)

@egamma, everyone know eh? That is good, it helps keep the suspense. Sometime it is hard to differentiate between become a good guy and a bad guy role. Bad guy has 2 more categories, in Jeckyl character Doctor case, he is almost too obvious for everyone to notice who he is. At least we do not know what he really up to, until the last minute he absconded with most of the tax gold. The other bad guy category is the hidden one, presumably some spy of highest covert tactic and skilled sweet speaker. This type is very hard to detect, thus the best kept secret may go to this type  ;D
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: October 22, 2011, 12:58:59 AM »
I remember the gold taking... one of the many Oritolon excuses for not going with Lukon to kill things.

Beldragos

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: October 22, 2011, 09:53:47 AM »
Too much chaos back home to come hunting with us I guess. 

That was sad, they missed out on some good slaughter.
Beldragos Family:  Baal Zephon (Madina), Morganna - Adv (Madina), Atrox - Adv (Assassins), Galvenor (Retired), Mephista (Lukon), Luci (Sirion)

egamma

« Reply #27: October 22, 2011, 04:26:11 PM »
I remember the gold taking... one of the many Oritolon excuses for not going with Lukon to kill things.

Yes, they tried to convince Giblot (me) that I needed to give them 2000 gold, as if they wouldn't turn around and use that gold to build an army to come attack. Ha!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: October 24, 2011, 04:11:50 AM »
Haha, if Oritolon(me) really come with Lukon to kill things, then we going rule the whole Colonies island. Best to keep some realms alive for entertainment purpose eh?  :P

Too much chaos back home to come hunting with us I guess. 

That was sad, they missed out on some good slaughter.
Aw.... I missed out on the fun. Oh, by the way, Dictator of Assassins, Aramon Abjur, died in a duel today. He got killed trying to duel with one rogue infiltrator who attacked Oritolon previously. Let hope this spice thing up 8)

Yes, they tried to convince Giblot (me) that I needed to give them 2000 gold, as if they wouldn't turn around and use that gold to build an army to come attack. Ha!
Hahaha, yeah. You are from Giblot, the one who dare to stand against the wrath of the big brother of Colonies; Lukon. Shhh... The 2000 gold demand is suggested by some character named Khain, he is a good strategist player  :-X

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: October 24, 2011, 09:25:10 AM »
oritolon is a joke now its filled by wankers who think they are sun tzu or something
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:29:54 AM by Kai »