Author Topic: Dwilight Anthropology Project  (Read 40484 times)

bearhammer

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight Anthropology Project
« Reply #120: September 27, 2011, 05:41:19 PM »
Anaris, I figured it was only if the map was geographically accurate, in reference to my former post. I'm still new here and didn't know enough to make that claim outright.
Rhino Tsoutsoulis, Knight of Shinnen, Luria Nova, Dwilight

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: September 27, 2011, 05:55:38 PM »
The weather areas listed in the game are more of a nod to player convenience than anything else. I think that just about anyone can see the term "Mediterranean" and know what it means. "Sem-arid, sub-tropical", while scientifically accurate (I guess, I'm taking your word for it because I have no idea) is not all that descriptive to the layman. Just like we assume that everyone in the BattleMaster world speaks the same language. It's a bit of handwaving for player convenience.

As to the world maps, no official world map exists, and I believe Tom has stated that he has no intentions of ever making one. The exact relationship of the continents to each other is indeterminate, and will stay that way.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: September 27, 2011, 06:17:48 PM »
Indeed vanKaya, but if the map is also an accurate geographical layout (latitude and longitude) then Dwilight is not really in the middle of the planet, it's more like Australia.

Where can you see latitude and longitude? I have never seen that anywhere.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

bearhammer

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: September 27, 2011, 07:18:08 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up, Indirik, and I apologize for using this topic for my inquiry.

VonGenf, there aren't any, I was defining what I meant by 'geographic.'

Rhino Tsoutsoulis, Knight of Shinnen, Luria Nova, Dwilight

Dhalgren

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: April 09, 2012, 12:30:24 PM »
A bit late but: this is an extremely localised ethnography of mine on small tribal groups in the east of the Zuma territories

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Dwilight_University/Project_Submissions/Oolong_Political_System
Ven - RIP
Orb - Beluaterra

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: April 09, 2012, 10:35:27 PM »
* JPierreD claps
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).