Author Topic: Region description  (Read 3981 times)

Zakilevo

Region description
« Topic Start: July 18, 2011, 08:29:57 AM »
Two of my characters recently became lords and I do not see an option to change the region description. Do I need to wait a certain period of time to change the region description?

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Region description
« Reply #1: July 18, 2011, 09:54:20 AM »
yes

egamma

« Reply #2: July 18, 2011, 07:22:27 PM »
1 week, I think.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 18, 2011, 11:28:50 PM »
Two of my characters recently became lords and I do not see an option to change the region description. Do I need to wait a certain period of time to change the region description?

A question to ask is why would you want to?

Region Descriptions are meant to be neutral in all things politics etc.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #4: July 18, 2011, 11:31:16 PM »
Because some of them suck.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 18, 2011, 11:38:50 PM »
Because some of them suck.

Because most of them still don't have any.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #6: July 18, 2011, 11:49:13 PM »
Nothing wrong with having no description (Seriously who reads them anyway?) But having a really misleading or inaccurate or vulgar or poorly written description often detracts from the whole purpose of adding atmosphere.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 19, 2011, 12:01:29 AM »
Nothing wrong with having no description (Seriously who reads them anyway?) But having a really misleading or inaccurate or vulgar or poorly written description often detracts from the whole purpose of adding atmosphere.

I read them, when I have a reason to look up said region and the time to spare.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: July 19, 2011, 12:13:41 AM »
I get really annoyed when ever I read the region description of Sirion. Nothing..

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 19, 2011, 01:36:01 AM »

I read them. I love them!

I always make it point to write good descriptions and to improve upon existing ones.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 19, 2011, 04:16:42 AM »
Totally agreed. I love region descriptions, just don't like when they state political things, usually out-of-date. Example: Maf saying the Fissoan banner flew proudly on the town, or something like that, despite it was rogue first and is now Lurian.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).