Author Topic: Temporary Border Region Boost  (Read 1364 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Temporary Border Region Boost
« Topic Start: January 25, 2019, 12:49:22 AM »
Title: Temporary Border Region Boost

Summary: To promote small conflicts, add temporary regional modifiers to regions that border enemies or neutral realms. When modifier events occur, it will be announced across the continent.

Details: Border regions will get temporary modifiers(lords can't see how long those buffs will last for) such as gold, silver, iron mines found when those regions border either neutral or hostile realms. Regions will gain a huge boost to their production(50%+ or Flat gold or food income) which hopefully will make neutral realms be attracted to obtaining the region for themselves by attacking the region owner.

Benefits: May promote realms to focus on smaller objectives instead of a full blown out war to take over cities.

Possible Downsides/Exploits: If rulers don't go to war, the region owner will just sit on the region and benefit. To prevent this, a checker could be implemented to prevent nearby regions from having the same buff.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Temporary Border Region Boost
« Reply #1: January 25, 2019, 01:02:26 AM »
Definitely an interesting idea. Not something I'm likely to be able to work on in the short term, and I'd probably change it some...but I do like the idea of temporary things to make it attractive for realms to invade their neighbours.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Temporary Border Region Boost
« Reply #2: January 25, 2019, 01:55:03 AM »
Definitely an interesting idea. Not something I'm likely to be able to work on in the short term, and I'd probably change it some...but I do like the idea of temporary things to make it attractive for realms to invade their neighbours.

I just thought it would be interesting to give people more reasons to fight. Good to know you like the idea. This is just a rough idea so any improvement to this would be nice.