Author Topic: The Curious Case of Kyryn Kye and Kyomi  (Read 20447 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: The Curious Case of Kyryn Kye
« Topic Start: February 13, 2019, 05:58:39 PM »

Roleplay from Kyryn Kye JeVondair
Message sent to everyone in Paisly (3 recipients) - 2 days, 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
"If it is a voice you seek, Kyomi of the Zuma, then perhaps you'd do better with one who has trained his entire life in its use?"

Kyryn Kye JeVondair appeared out of the fog that had enshrouded the city of Paisly to lean against a convenient column and crossed his arms. He was richly dressed in the dramatic crimson sable of his house. The golden Lion of the JeVondairs was halved with the Dragon of D'Hara upon his breast, announcing his identity to those who dealt in power and connections as surely as any official seal. He wore no armor, for he was not a man of war and even if he had been, that was not the message he intended to send. Creatures of power like the Zuma, he reasoned, would not likely be impressed by any mortal display, and surely a human dressed as if expecting a fight would, at best, be considered....cute.

So instead Kryrn chose his formal courtly wear of the latest Lurian imperial court fashion: A black frock coat with brass buttons shined to a gleaming gold covered a matching waistcoat which itself was layered over a long-sleeved, white ruffled cotton shirt, cinched at the waist by a vibrant crimson sash whose tail fluttered at his hip where a sword might have been. The sharpest thing on him was the razor line of his black goatee against his dusky light-brown skin. Matching black pants and leather riding boots completed the ensemble. He wore no hat, preferring to display the intricate braidwork to which his people, the sandborn of the Desert of Silhouettes, were known.  The braids worked complicated patterns against the top and side of his skull before trailing off in a mane about his neck and shoulders. He looked at once to be the epitome of high culture and wildness. Indeed, the tailored cut and ostentation of his wardrobe almost distracted the eye from his thickening mid-section.

"I am Kyryn Kye JeVondair. My mother once ruled the lands to the north, my father ruled those to the East. One of my aunts came back from the dead, the other talks to a God. My sister founded a kingdom. All of them have driven history while I...I am here and at your service."  Kyryn swept into a courtly bow from the waist and lower even than he would have human monarch. "I bear with me the compliments of the Dragon King and the curiosity of his Court. His Majesty, in his wisdom, has afforded me this opportunity because I see this-" he gestured as he straightened, the move at once encompassing his surroundings and specifically Kyomi, "as a chance to drive history, as my other kin have. It would therefore be my very great honor, Kyomi of the Zuma, to place my skills and knowledge at your discretion in the name of My King and Country. May I approach?" His eyes shifted between Sir Miralion, whom he had never met, and the towering Daimoness.

"Unless I am interrupting, that is?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"