Author Topic: The Curious Case of Kyryn Kye and Kyomi  (Read 20235 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: The Curious Case of Kyryn Kye and Kyomi
« Reply #45: February 20, 2019, 01:00:38 PM »
Roleplay from Pawl Paxwax[/size] [/font][/size][/size]Message sent to everyone in Port Raviel (11 recipients)[/size][/color] - 13 hours, 9 minutes ago
Pawl was already sitting and looking at the food on the table, while one of his servants was pouring him wine in his cup.
"Kyomi, Sir Kyryn Kye, please, let us start our feast! But before that, let us first toast!"

Pawl rose from his chair, at the top of the table, raised his cup of wine to his guests and said: "A toast to Peace and Harmony!"
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #46: February 21, 2019, 02:39:20 PM »
Roleplay from Yh'gh'th[/size] [/font][/size][/size]Message sent to everyone in Port Raviel (10 recipients)[/size][/color] - 9 hours, 27 minutes ago
Kyomi giggled at his toast, how unlikely she found it to be. Especially given how frequently one of these mortals seemed to fail what were simple tests.

"To sentiments and ideals." She offered instead, taking a drink of her wine... did they just give her grape juice? Then again, could she even get drunk? Did this have alcohol content? Would she notice it, if it did?

A simple drink was spawning too many questions, and she stared ponderingly at her drink for several seconds too long, before putting it back down on the table. There were other things on this table though, things she could eat. Could she make a sandwich with what was here? Did this society have cheescake yet? She surveyed the offerings seeking answers, while managing to dedicate some attention to anyone who may speak up.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #47: February 22, 2019, 06:25:36 PM »
Roleplay from Kyryn Kye JeVondair[/size] [/font][/size][/size]Message sent to everyone in Port Raviel (8 recipients)[/size][/color] - 4 hours, 13 minutes ago
"My Lady"...Kyryn said at length, stressing the title as the servants began swapping out the dishes that were no longer as hot as they were meant to be, "I am quite sure that everyone who's anyone is already here. If not, then they've surely kept you waiting long enough."

Glancing once between his king and his guest, Rynn walked to the table and began preparing a large plate containing many of the morsels he'd noted earlier. Once finished, he edged the chair to the right of the Dragon Throne back from the  feast table, set the plate down before it, and gestured with an open palm for the daimoness to take a seat.

"Surely the Dragon King, not to mention myself, should be sufficient for your research?"

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: February 27, 2019, 12:13:35 AM »
"Stay here", stressed the clerk, almost pleading, to the lady adventurer who was disturbing his foyer. The man was famished, and it was well past his quitting time, "Someone will be along to ... deal with you ... shortly". The man shrugged. Her Ranger badge and University credentials seemed legitimate, but this far South and at this time of the evening while the King and his guests were dining? Nom thank you! Alabaster waited until he had limped down the hallway and away before she sprang up.

It was a matter of ease to snack a wheeled trolley, left idle in a hallway with the remains of some meal or other on the two tiers. These armor bags were heavy, and noisy, and she could not carry either of them herself. It took both hands each on the canvas sacks, near to ripping with the heavy and sharp contents before she was able to tumble them onto the convenience.
The trolley groaned and creaked - she fed it a bit of bacon grease from a plate which seemed to soothe it. Which way to the dining hall? Aha! She spied two faded tracks in the carpet adorning dressed stone corridors and followed it quite directly to where the Royal and his guests were dining.

The guards at the archway crossed their polearms at her, of course. She straightened, fixing her errant hair and smoothing her tunic on which adorned the Rangers crest. She'd been here before, after all! "I have a delivery for his Majesty", she said, "and his guest."

A moment passed, and she felt obliged to make a curt bow. Nobles loved it when you showed them a bit of humility. She peered inside hoping to quickly make eye contact with someone - anyone - who might allow her to be admitted. The ranseur, though archaic, was still a sharp and deadly implement, even when wielded for display purposes. She eyed these two guards as her mouth dried with uncertainty.

"Royal Ranger Alabaster, from the University. If now's a good time?", she added, tugging open the sack containing the Majestic Plate Armor. Perhaps they would be convinced by its platinum filigree?

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #49: March 02, 2019, 04:59:11 PM »
Roleplay from Yh'gh'th[/size] [/font][/size][/size]Message sent to everyone in Port Raviel (4 recipients)[/size][/color] - 1 day, 13 hours, 36 minutes ago
Kyomi debated the best way to eat the food that had been set before her. If she still had the form of a beast, she'd have debated just eating the entire thing, plate included. Somehow though, she suspected that it would look odd if a small dragon girl just took a bite out of the plate, so picked up a nearby utensil with her right hand and stabbed at... something, before making whatever it was disappear into her mouth. She even went so far as to chew and swallow, since they seemed appropriate.

"Surely the Dragon King, not to mention myself, should be sufficient for your research?" Kyryn Kye JeVondair inquired, while she ate.

"Investigation." She corrected, between one swallow and the next forkful.

"I suppose the difference means little to you both, though." She eventually mused, audibly, though it seemed mostly directed towards herself.

"To be honest, I'm not really sure what makes you a Dragon King." Her words this time turning towards Pawl, "Clearly, you command some level of authority and respect here, and your demesne might qualify him as a lesser King in some planes. If you were part dragon, or could take the form of one, then I'd understand..."

Her plate appeared to have been refilled--looking like a child had advantages--while she was talking by... someone? She wasn't actually sure, having been too focused on trying to keep her answers within the limits of mortal understanding. Either way, it meant more of whatever this actually was.

"Wait! Are you a dragon!?" She lit up. "That would be so neat! I've not talked to a dragon in aeons!"

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #50: March 06, 2019, 11:48:48 PM »
Roleplay from Pawl Paxwax[/size] [/font][/size][/size]Message sent to all nobles in Port Raviel (3 recipients)[/size][/color] - 1 day, 2 hours, 58 minutes ago
Pawl was carefully listening to Kyomi talk, while slowly drinking from his cup. He always was a patient man, so the Daimoness was interesting for him to analyze, even amusing to some extent, especially as she had the form of a child now.

"Kyomi", Pawl replied with a strong voice, "Investigation it is then, though the word itself has some negative connotations here and I don't believe D'Hara is guilty of anything yet when it comes to dealing with the Zuma" he concluded. "But if you have a different opinion, I am more than welcomed to hear it out."

Then Pawl addressed her question: "You ask an interesting question Kyomi, what makes me a Dragon King. It is a title, meaning that whoever sits on the Dragon Throne of D'Hara, will be called like this. It symbolizes the authority invested in the respective person, in this case myself, as the person in charge with leading all D'Hara and its people. Why Dragon, you ask? Well, according to D'Hara's somehow long forgotten history, it is said that the isles here on which we live, also called the Tomb Isles, were a refuge place for Dragons and also a burial site. Some myths also say that the D'Harans were able to communicate and coexist in harmony with the Dragons, though no official records exist anymore. The Dragon has always been representative for D'Hara and its culture, so it is a symbol deeply rooted in our heart and mind. To some extent, I think you can actually draw a comparison between the D'Harans and the Zuma, as both cultures are connected to Dragons."

Then Pawl stopped for a second, paused, and continued: "I like to believe that I have inside me the strength our ancestors had, the strength of a Dragon. But not only that, even more, also their honor, courage and nobility. In time, given the circumstances, I like to think that we can learn more from one another, while showing that the Zuma can trust D'Hara and its people."

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #51: March 06, 2019, 11:49:00 PM »
Roleplay from Yh'gh'th[/size] [/font][/size][/size]Message sent to everyone in Port Raviel (4 recipients)[/size][/color] - 23 hours, 37 minutes ago
Kyomi chewed over her food and his words, or maybe just her food, for several awkward seconds, offering neither recognition that Pawl had been heard or that she was going to respond, before swallowing and offering input.

"Not a dragon then." She stated with some disappointment, "And misconceptions."

With that, Kyomi leaned back in her chair, a feat of some degree given the 40 or so degrees back it went without her feet actually touching the ground or the chair falling over, before looking at the ceiling for a few moments.

"I do not know if they are for me to clear up," she eventually followed, the chair leaning forward and returning to a normal position, "but I guess the visit has at least been amusing thus far, so one shall do no harm."

Reaching for one of the fruit on the table, Kyomi began, "While you may not like this being termed an investigation, I say it is such because that was how it was told to me. By doing so, I ensure that I am making clear my position here, not as a guest as I would otherwise be, but as one who is evaluating you."

"Before we conclude our meal and meeting though, I am curious. If either of you could have an answer to a question, what would the question you ask be?"

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #52: March 07, 2019, 08:25:55 PM »
Roleplay from Pawl Paxwax[/size] [/font][/size][/size]Message sent to everyone in Port Raviel (4 recipients)[/size][/color] - 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
Pawl was listening to Kyomi from the top of the dinner table, leaning in to see her clearer. Her words were strong, even if her voice and stature were ones of a child.
And after carefully listening to her, Pawl answered.

"Kyomi, I can assure you that your visit was amusing for us too, so I am therefor pleased to hear that we are both seeing things similarly. And I am also pleased to have had the opportunity of being the first realm on Dwilight to ever welcome a Daimon for talks and dinner."

Pawl then clenched his fist and raised his eyes into the ceiling, while contemplating a bit on Kyomi's question.
"Well, that is certainly an interesting opportunity which you raise here! From my side, I would be more than interested in finding out what is the Zuma's and their Daimon Rulers purpose here on Dwilight?"

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #53: March 09, 2019, 02:10:14 PM »
Roleplay from Yh'gh'th[/size] [/font][/size][/size]Message sent to everyone in Port Raviel (4 recipients)[/size][/color] - 1 day, 5 hours, 58 minutes ago
"I am unsure I am what you call a daimon," Kyomi replied following a couple seconds of thought after his question, "though the Zuma do not seem to noticeably differentiate my presence any from that of the late Xo'ok, or even of that of Xuveziq."

"In regards to the 'Daimon Rulers of the Zuma', I cannot say what their purpose is or why they came here, as I was not paying attention when it happened. It is possible a different me was, or that I will be there in my future, but simply the me you see before you does not have a recollection of it."

She realized after a moment that this wasn't an answer, not that she had promised one, so added, "If I had to guess, I'd say many of them are simply here because the Zuma asked, however it is that one asks a being to breach the planes of existence. I do not imagine it was an easy feat for them."

"How about you, Ky?" Her focus swapping from the Not-Actually-A-Dragon King to her would be chauffeur, "A question, before bed?"