Author Topic: The Curious Case of Kyryn Kye and Kyomi  (Read 20247 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
The Curious Case of Kyryn Kye and Kyomi
« Topic Start: February 13, 2019, 05:52:14 PM »

Herein follows the tale of a son of D'Hara and a Daimoness of the Zuma...

Roleplay from Asriel
Message sent to everyone in Paisly (4 recipients) - 1 day, 17 hours, 37 minutes ago
Asriel perched on top of the guard tower. The scent of fresh cooked food wafted up and into his nostrils. His stomach grumbled but he had a far more interesting spectacle which lay before him. Far down below were the vague shadows of two human nobleborn and one creature he highly disliked.

The smell of the Zuma caused him to sneeze and today his head felt very heavy. Yet he kept his eyes peeled and perked his ears up, catching the drift of their conversation through broken sentences. He had become adept at doing this - people watching was his favorite. He never knew what juicy information his large ears would capture.

The creature was apparently also adept at convincing his race of mankind to bend to their will. If he had arrived any later he wouldn't have caught onto the creature's invitation to D'Hara itself - exactly where Asriel had just fled from.

As the two nobleborn spoke to the creature, Asriel pondered what lay in store for Dwilight...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 06:11:08 AM by JeVondair »
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: The Curious Case of Kyryn Kye
« Reply #1: February 13, 2019, 05:52:36 PM »

Roleplaying Event
Message sent to everyone in the vicinity of Paisly (9 recipients) - 4 days, 13 hours, 33 minutes ago
On one of the rare ships to come from the West, a madman falls onto the docks of Port Raviel mumbling incoherently in both common words and those man was not meant to know.

Of the sounds streaming from him, a few can be understood:

Zuma,

D'Hara,

Inspection.

Yh'gh'th

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #2: February 13, 2019, 05:52:47 PM »
Roleplaying Event
Message sent to everyone in the vicinity of Paisly (6 recipients) - 5 days, 18 hours, 19 minutes ago
As an unnatural fog sets in on the streets and surroundings of Paisly, reports slowly trickle out from the few souls still living in the area that a humanoid beast, with antlers of a deer, scales of a fish, claws of an eagle, and the tail of a lizard, is now stalking the desolate streets.
Yh'gh'th
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 03:14:24 AM by Andrew »

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #3: February 13, 2019, 05:53:18 PM »

Report from Pawl Paxwax
Message sent to all nobles of D'Hara (14 recipients) - 4 days, 6 hours, 50 minutes ago
Fellow nobles,

I have received reports from the docks that today a dying man landed our shores, madly speaking a few words regarding Zuma and an inspection on D'Hara.

As per the talks I had with the Zuma lord in Nightmarch, such a topic has been discussed. What we agreed together was that before the Zuma would have full faith in D'Hara, leading to the signing of a Peace treaty, they would first want to inspect it first, from the vicinity of Paisly. Probably one of the Daimon lords has reached Paisly and that is why we are heaving these reports of strange things happening there.
Therefor I advise that we wait a bit until we conduct other attacks on Paisly.

Sir Kyryn Kye, if you do meet the Zuma on your travel to Paisly, please be polite and do not engage them, as they have been peaceful for now with the humans.
My clear intention is to have a Peace treaty with them, so we don't want to put such a thing at risk.

United we are strong,

Pawl Paxwax
Dragon King of D'Hara

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #4: February 13, 2019, 05:54:15 PM »

Letter from Kyryn Kye JeVondair
Message sent to all nobles of D'Hara (14 recipients) - 4 days, 23 hours, 40 minutes ago
Your Majesty,

I am in Port Raviel with a few trusted bodyguards. I'll proceed to Paisley and ply my skills among what people remain. Surely they will have some knowledge to offer the Dragon Crown.

Signed,

Sir Kyryn Kye JeVondair
Knight of Port Nebel

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #5: February 13, 2019, 05:55:06 PM »

Roleplay from Yh'gh'th
Message sent to everyone in Paisly (3 recipients) - 3 days, 17 hours, 41 minutes ago
Certainly, as it was stated, a towering nine foot humanoid beast soon began wandering around the city square of Paisly, occasionally stopping to take an interest in a piece of rubble, and abandoned thing, or one of the buildings lining the square's edge.

Her form was as only nominally humanoid, appearing to have two arms, two legs, and something resembling a human face, but that was where the similarities stopped. Her skin was composed of something akin to fish scales, shining a myriad of colors as the moonlight reached them through the fog. What you may call her "fingers" ended in claws. From atop her head antlers, as if of a deer, sprouted and went a couple feet further above and behind her. And a tail swayed idly behind her, balancing her form as she leaned towards things.

Even to call her a her was more a guess than anything, as the form she took was largely androgynous.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #6: February 13, 2019, 05:55:33 PM »

Roleplay from Miralion Metanoia
Message sent to everyone in Paisly (3 recipients) - 3 days, 15 hours, 59 minutes ago
This was Miralion's first time talking to something "not human".

Miralion was fearful for his life, as a young knight he did not expected to have such an encouter so early in his life.
Still, Miralion was firm and did not show any signs of fear.

Miralion was very apprehensive to know what the creature could teach him.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #7: February 13, 2019, 05:56:00 PM »

Roleplay from Yh'gh'th
Message sent to everyone in Paisly (3 recipients) - 3 days, 12 hours, 24 minutes ago
She watched Miralion's approach to the square, rising from her sitting position and walking towards him. It was always interesting to see how mortals would react to her presence, and though this was not her true form, it was still inhuman, and towered over most humans by 50% or more.

When she was within a reasonable auditory distance, she spoke, her words measured.

"Your message has been read and understood." Her voice spoke, rows of sharp teeth appearing between her words, betraying the otherwise human-shaped facial features, "For this visit, you may address me as Kyomi, as it has a nice tune to it and you lack the capability to pronounce my true name."

"I am here to judge, but I shall leave it to you how things proceed." She declared, leaving it to the mortal what happened next. Whether they remained here or went to the isles, mattered little to her, though it probably mattered to D'Hara.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #8: February 13, 2019, 05:56:22 PM »

Letter from Miralion Metanoia
Message sent to everyone in Paisly (3 recipients) - 3 days, 16 hours, 11 minutes ago
Yh'gh'th of Zuma,

I, Miralion of D'Hara, welcome you and all Zuma into our glorious realm.
Please, be very welcome, our King awaits your visit.

Throughout your inspection I will accompany you in case you need any assistance.

In service,

Miralion Metanoia
Knight of Port Raviel

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #9: February 13, 2019, 05:56:45 PM »

Roleplay from Yh'gh'th
Message sent to everyone in Paisly (3 recipients) - 3 days, 12 hours, 29 minutes ago
She watched Miralion's approach to the square, rising from her sitting position and walking towards him. It was always interesting to see how mortals would react to her presence, and though this was not her true form, it was still inhuman, and towered over most humans by 50% or more.

When she was within a reasonable auditory distance, she spoke, her words measured.

"Your message has been read and understood." Her voice spoke, rows of sharp teeth appearing between her words, betraying the otherwise human-shaped facial features, "For this visit, you may address me as Kyomi, as it has a nice tune to it and you lack the capability to pronounce my true name."

"I am here to judge, but I shall leave it to you how things proceed." She declared, leaving it to the mortal what happened next. Whether they remained here or went to the isles, mattered little to her, though it probably mattered to D'Hara.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #10: February 13, 2019, 05:57:34 PM »
Roleplay from Miralion Metanoia
Message sent to everyone in Paisly (3 recipients) - 2 days, 23 hours, 34 minutes ago
Chatting in the ruins:
 O' Great Kyomi,

Your generosity for not slaying me is godlike and I have written a short poem to thank you, Almighty be Kyomi.

-Your greatness stuns me,
-Your form is glorious,
-And your presence is absolute.

-When you walks the sun shines,
-When you talk the stars listen,
-When you breathe, your blessings we receive.

-Use me as your servant,
-I will follow you to the end of my days,
-Take me under your wing, as D'hara gift.

I hope it does not bored you, Your Greatness Kyomi
I am here to serve

« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 03:16:16 AM by Andrew »

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #11: February 13, 2019, 05:58:08 PM »
Roleplay from Yh'gh'th[/size] [/font][/size][/size]Message sent to everyone in Paisly (3 recipients)[/size][/color] - 2 days, 10 hours, 16 minutes ago
"While I find your... poetry, to be... not entirely inaccurate, that is not why I am here." Kyomi eventually spoke, a few seconds after receiving Miralion's 'gift'. "My obligations to the Zuma mean that, while it would be interesting to pursue your desires further, I am here to evaluate D'Hara's desire to be our voice to the others of your kind."

"As such," she declared, "shall we be remaining in this town of shadows and spectres or shall we head for the isles where the rest of yours, and your leadership, reside, so that may be try their hand at convincing me?"

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #12: February 13, 2019, 05:58:20 PM »
Roleplay from Miralion Metanoia[/size] [/font][/size][/size]Message sent to all nobles of D'Hara (14 recipients)[/size][/color] - 2 days, 5 hours, 18 minutes ago
"As you wish, great Kyomi"*Replied Miralion

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #13: February 13, 2019, 05:58:39 PM »

Roleplay from Kyryn Kye JeVondair
Message sent to everyone in Paisly (3 recipients) - 2 days, 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
"If it is a voice you seek, Kyomi of the Zuma, then perhaps you'd do better with one who has trained his entire life in its use?"

Kyryn Kye JeVondair appeared out of the fog that had enshrouded the city of Paisly to lean against a convenient column and crossed his arms. He was richly dressed in the dramatic crimson sable of his house. The golden Lion of the JeVondairs was halved with the Dragon of D'Hara upon his breast, announcing his identity to those who dealt in power and connections as surely as any official seal. He wore no armor, for he was not a man of war and even if he had been, that was not the message he intended to send. Creatures of power like the Zuma, he reasoned, would not likely be impressed by any mortal display, and surely a human dressed as if expecting a fight would, at best, be considered....cute.

So instead Kryrn chose his formal courtly wear of the latest Lurian imperial court fashion: A black frock coat with brass buttons shined to a gleaming gold covered a matching waistcoat which itself was layered over a long-sleeved, white ruffled cotton shirt, cinched at the waist by a vibrant crimson sash whose tail fluttered at his hip where a sword might have been. The sharpest thing on him was the razor line of his black goatee against his dusky light-brown skin. Matching black pants and leather riding boots completed the ensemble. He wore no hat, preferring to display the intricate braidwork to which his people, the sandborn of the Desert of Silhouettes, were known.  The braids worked complicated patterns against the top and side of his skull before trailing off in a mane about his neck and shoulders. He looked at once to be the epitome of high culture and wildness. Indeed, the tailored cut and ostentation of his wardrobe almost distracted the eye from his thickening mid-section.

"I am Kyryn Kye JeVondair. My mother once ruled the lands to the north, my father ruled those to the East. One of my aunts came back from the dead, the other talks to a God. My sister founded a kingdom. All of them have driven history while I...I am here and at your service."  Kyryn swept into a courtly bow from the waist and lower even than he would have human monarch. "I bear with me the compliments of the Dragon King and the curiosity of his Court. His Majesty, in his wisdom, has afforded me this opportunity because I see this-" he gestured as he straightened, the move at once encompassing his surroundings and specifically Kyomi, "as a chance to drive history, as my other kin have. It would therefore be my very great honor, Kyomi of the Zuma, to place my skills and knowledge at your discretion in the name of My King and Country. May I approach?" His eyes shifted between Sir Miralion, whom he had never met, and the towering Daimoness.

"Unless I am interrupting, that is?

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #14: February 13, 2019, 05:59:51 PM »
Roleplay from Miralion Metanoia[/size] [/font][/size][/size]Message sent to everyone in Paisly (4 recipients)[/size][/color] - 1 day, 21 hours, 16 minutes ago
Miralion was suspicious of Courtier Kyryn, as no order, except from the King himself, have arrived.
Miralion proceeded:
Couriter Karen, King Pawl has sent me express orders to accompany Great Kyomi to Port Raviel.

Miralion was very suspicious that Kyryn, she may be an spy or infiltrator of an enemy realm trying to sabotage the alliance between D'Hara and Zuma, and for that he was always ready with one hand at his sword.

Despite being new, Miralion knew about the mischiefs of the JeVondair's and how they insist to come back from the dead.