Author Topic: Approved: Switch Estate as a Lord  (Read 2144 times)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Approved: Switch Estate as a Lord
« Topic Start: April 24, 2020, 01:18:33 PM »
Hi,

Title: Switch Estate as a Lord

Summary: Optimize the process for a Lord to simply switch between his own estates. Currently, there's an abandon action, wait period, take up new estate action.

Details: Proposal: From the GovernEstates.php page, give the Lord the option to simply switch between 2 estates. It happened to me when I was a knight of a region and become a Lord. So I wanted to pick the better estate, but now I first need to abandon (lose 2 hours), wait a half day, and pick a new estate (lose hours again?).
The Switch action would take just 2 hours of your time pool. It's just much faster.

Benefits: Optimizing flow without needlessly performing multiple actions and waiting in between.

Possible Downsides/Exploits: At this point, I'm not sure how it can be exploited.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 01:47:08 PM by Wimpie »
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Switch Estate as a Lord
« Reply #1: April 24, 2020, 02:15:40 PM »
I'm in favour of this.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 24, 2020, 04:23:45 PM »
Perhaps something to look into:

Give the same ability to a knight? It's probably much harder because the current Estate screen does not allow you to browse through other estates of the same region to check if there's a better option.. So a much tougher feature to implement. But worthwhile the consideration?

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 24, 2020, 10:57:25 PM »
As the Lord of the region, you can change the size (and name) of the various estates.
One hour spent to reduce the size the "other" estate and one more hour to enlarge (and rename if desired) your existing estate.
Same 2 hours and no delay.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 25, 2020, 09:19:56 AM »
As the Lord of the region, you can change the size (and name) of the various estates.
One hour spent to reduce the size the "other" estate and one more hour to enlarge (and rename if desired) your existing estate.
Same 2 hours and no delay.

Good suggestion!  However, it is still needlessly a workaround for something that could happen with a push of the button.
In your case I would need to reduce size, increase size, rename and rename again.

Also just checked, taking new estate (in my original workaround) takes 3 full hours.

Delvin: let me know if I can add it to bugtracker.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 29, 2020, 04:52:29 PM »
Sure, put it on the bugtracker.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile