Author Topic: Make Battlemaster Great Again - War Overhaul  (Read 32103 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Make Battlemaster Great Again - War Overhaul
« Reply #60: December 02, 2018, 12:18:02 PM »
I would like to reiterate how extremely lame click-wars are.

And how incredible lame it is for 1 dude with a little paper boi to be able to completely undo the work a continent's largest army has spent a week doing.

Corruption is an increadibly unfun mechanic, and it's largely to blame for why I don't like PvP at all anymore, and try to avoid it. You get a handful of privilieged freeloaders, who defunded their realms' mobile armies for years, able to completely undo whole realms' worth of efforts, with nothing but a single click, and barely any risk.

Raising the family wealth limit was an incredible mistake. It should have been halved to 5k, not doubled to 20k. There's really no reason people should be defunding their realms this much.

And please, do something about corruption. It's an utterly terrible gameplay feature.  It should be utterly removed.

But assuming you aren't willing to do that, at least nerf it, please? Getting caught even trying to corrupt a region from an enemy should be an automatic ban from that realm, not just gold confiscation. Big whoop 2k gold was lost, when these defunders have tens of thousands? And cities should NOT be corruptible. It's just game-breaking. Some random rural, okay, maybe, if there's no army around, no lord...? Also an auto-fail for the next week the follows a TO? Just like regions aren't meant to be able to revolt the turn they were taken anymore, at least give the ruler or the elections the time needed to put a new lord instead of turning this game into some increadibly lame click-war.

BM was NEVER meant to be a click war.

But it has become standard in PvP that within minutes of a region being taken over, the enemy tries to corrupt it. It's goes completely against the spirit of what PvP used to mean in this game. It's not collaborative team efforts that dominate anymore when these single-click gimmicks are so overpowered.

I admittedly am only fighting in one war, but I have never seen anyone attempt to use corrupt on a region we have taken.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: December 02, 2018, 04:35:27 PM »
You are very lucky then. I have to say, I agree with Chéniers opinion regarding corruption. It seems like every major region you TO, there are nobles without a unit from the other side just waiting for the TO to finish so they can try to buy back the region before a lord gets appointed.

It is annoying when you grind for days doing a TO, and someone is online waiting for 10 seconds after turn change to snatch the region back. If it is kept, I definitely agree that they should be harder to be successful, and DEFINITELY if they are caught it should be an automatic ban, or at the very least give the Judge the option to ban in the same way as a priest arrested for doing dastardly deeds.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: December 02, 2018, 05:05:25 PM »
It is a longstanding TODO to prevent region purchases and normal revolts for a week after a region is taken.

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: December 02, 2018, 08:01:26 PM »
Ah! Perfect!
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: December 03, 2018, 12:04:25 AM »
Yea, a week grace period sounds fine.

And yea, I've seen corruption done or attempted on nearly every region we've taken over, plus a number of times my side doing it as well. It used to be something I would say a few times per year, at most, back before I deleted my account. But now it's almost systematic. You see that unitless noble just standing there during the TO, just waiting for his click battle...

Actually, yea, I think unitless nobles should risk capture during hostile TOs.

On way or another, I hate the mechanic.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: December 03, 2018, 07:50:12 PM »
So, why to have the option at all? The only place I imagine it will work is in Sirion, the only realm I saw with Lordless regions for weeks...
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: December 04, 2018, 01:34:38 PM »
So, why to have the option at all? The only place I imagine it will work is in Sirion, the only realm I saw with Lordless regions for weeks...

Don't forget Nivemus!

Jest aside, regions occasionally go lordless due to revolts, wounds, inactivity, title swaps, etc. Corruption would still be possible then.

I wouldn't mind it being removed altogether though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: December 12, 2018, 05:23:37 PM »

There was a pretty interesting situation when Lapalach took Freke, especially given that he took it from an allied realm. I think it makes more sense as a type of intra-realm intrigue as opposed to a military tactic.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: December 12, 2018, 05:33:55 PM »
There was a pretty interesting situation when Lapalach took Freke, especially given that he took it from an allied realm. I think it makes more sense as a type of intra-realm intrigue as opposed to a military tactic.
Except you can't buy regions of your own realm.

L. K.

• Peasant
  • Old but Gold ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: December 21, 2018, 11:04:52 PM »
Wars is what makes this game enjoyable.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: December 21, 2018, 11:54:17 PM »
Wars is what makes this game enjoyable.

And it is the most outdated part about this game beside the government XD

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Theres more than simple "changes in mechanics" to do, in order to make battlemaster "great again". The ones in charge of the game did everything they could to kick away the players that actually made the game fun to play.

But hey... let people have two characters in the same island again, that could be a start...
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu

Fireborn

• Peasant
    • View Profile
made the game fun to play.

Sorry that i write here, i got my other forum account locked because Anaris just hates me since forever, lol. I've unpaused my characters, deleted them, and created new ones and not even a SINGLE PERSON in either of the three realms wrote me either privately or realm widely in order to welcome a new noble, and that is what i mean. Battlemaster was great, because it is a great game that HAD great players, people that was fun to play with and that helped new players to understand how great this game is, unfortunately, many or most of them left and some others pushed away.

Hopefully this post does not get deleted, because i dont mean to harass anyone or "insult" anyone but maybe give a different insight of why the game is not as great as it was in the past.

Regards,

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Yeah, right. First of all, holy mother of necromancy, guys.

Secondly, sure, there's a conspiration of the ruling BM classes dating back to 2010 to drive away all the great players, of which there are none left in BM, not even a single one of them, nah, not at all. I mean, it can't possibly be people leaving the game as they grow older and get !@#$ to do with their time and find no longer any interest or time to play BM properly, plus newer players not arriving in mass due to the well known loss of interest of browser games after their decay caused by the arrival of mobile platforms and the new generations being more familiar with 3d games in their much more powerful PCs and consoles. That must surely be a coincidence, for sure.

Thirdly, I can't comment on the other realms you joined, Fireborn, but one of them was Madina, a widely regarded hub of inactivity where you made a couple of characters over 2 days, not sending a single letter to the realm nor trying to interact with anyone before deleting them altogether. I believe your experience would have been significantly different had you bothered to maybe ask/look at which realms might be more active at the moment (cause you know, turns out different realms have different levels of activity, even the same realm can vary throughout time depending on the events happening in and around it.) Hell, even in those realms you'd have probably been greeted had you just taken the time to write a single paragraph introducing yourself. Who could've thought!

Finally, I would give you a brief summary of the most interesting realms to join atm and why, of which I am well aware in EC, BT and Dwi, where I'm playing right now. However, since your mind seems already made up and you believe there's literally nothing or no one left in BM worth playing for, I don't think I feel like writing it out for you just for my advice to go to waste. Hit me up if you reconsider your position, and if you don't feel like it, good luck and have fun wherever your gaming path takes you.

Regards to you as well.
D'Espana Family